• 1 Post By Foggy Bottom
  • 2 Post By jgayman

Thread: UHMW replacement edge for RB5060L rear blade

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-27-2019 @ 08:48 PM
    Thanks

UHMW replacement edge for RB5060L rear blade

I see where Artillian sell replacement edges for the front blade, but after searching the site I donít see where anyone has changed their blade for the rear unit. Iím using a 47 inch front blower and there are times when Iíd like to scrape the slush from the drive without digging into the asphalt. Iíve found a company that will cut to length, width and thickness for a fair price, but is there anyone in the GTT community that has done this? Iím wonder what spacing of the bolts I might use and how much exposure of the edge I might use with out snapping it off
    PJR832 likes this.
    If Your Not Living on the Edge, Your Taking Up Too Much Space

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Bottom View Post
    I see where Artillian sell replacement edges for the front blade, but after searching the site I donít see where anyone has changed their blade for the rear unit. Iím using a 47 inch front blower and there are times when Iíd like to scrape the slush from the drive without digging into the asphalt. Iíve found a company that will cut to length, width and thickness for a fair price, but is there anyone in the GTT community that has done this? Iím wonder what spacing of the bolts I might use and how much exposure of the edge I might use with out snapping it off
    Are you committed to UHMW? Try a few searches and you will see threads where folks have used cut down horse stall mats. You can get multiple strips from one mat. If you do decide to go with UHMW just use your existing cutting edge as a drill guide for the holes. Replace the plow bolts with longer ones if needed and you'll be in business.

My brother just did his Land Pride RB-1572 rear blade.
    ky_shawn and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements