• 1 Post By Minuteman17
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: replacing pto shaft on new to me rototiller

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-26-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Thanks

replacing pto shaft on new to me rototiller

So, we found a land pride RTA1050 rototiller for the farm, and got it for a complete steal. The downside is, it only came with what i believe is the slip clutch, and the implement half of the PTO shaft. Should i try to just replace the tractor side, or replace up to the slip clutch, or replace the whole thing, at this point? Also, if I'm buying new, i know how to cut a shaft to size... But how do i make sure I'm not overbuying on length to begin with? It's not like i can take the tractor and tiller into the store with me haha
    PJR832 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisc1985 View Post
    So, we found a land pride RTA1050 rototiller for the farm, and got it for a complete steal. The downside is, it only came with what i believe is the slip clutch, and the implement half of the PTO shaft. Should i try to just replace the tractor side, or replace up to the slip clutch, or replace the whole thing, at this point? Also, if I'm buying new, i know how to cut a shaft to size... But how do i make sure I'm not overbuying on length to begin with? It's not like i can take the tractor and tiller into the store with me haha
    There are specific formulas to measure the PTO shaft. Many posts on here regarding that subject, DS posted one that I used on my tiller and it works perfectly. YouTube also has a ton of videos on measuring and cutting shafts to proper length, this would also help you to buy a usable length to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks

PTO shaft info

Quote Originally Posted by lewisc1985 View Post
    Talk to the nice folks at Agri-fab. They know PTO shafts and they have the parts you need at fair prices.
    I'm not involved with them except as a satisfied customer.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,587 Posts
    Take some pictures of what you have and we can help better.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements