• 3 Post By 56Nine
  • 2 Post By golf12

Thread: 60" farm King Snowblower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-27-2019 @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks

60" farm King Snowblower

After 11 years of body checking my old faithful 30" walk behind blower through massive snow falls and overwhelming snow drifts. I've had enough!, and picked up a 60" Farm King rear blower. (I know, I know I'll get some pics posted!). Props to the H120 loader too. When I brought it home. I was a little concerned about getting it out of the bed of my truck. My forks weigh in at 315lbs- the blower weights 490lbs with the pto shaft installed (470 without) and the pallet it was on is really beefy weighing at least 75lbs. So that's an easy 880lbs that had to be dead lifted from the truck bed which sits just over 3ft. Not to mention that the blower was length wise on the pallet so a lot of the weight was waaaay out front. The tractor was absolutely maxed and just got it up enough to get it out. Of course once on the ground. Lifting it back up to 1 or 2 feet to drive it back to the shop was easy. I have no concerns about the 1023 running this unit. I ran a farm King 60" rear groomer on it for 2 years before I bought a zero turn. I used that mower many times for bush hogging duties. I blazed a 2km section of Atv trail through nappy bush and wild grass 2ft tall and handled it no problem. I then used it consistently to help maintain that and other sections of nasty deep bush trail. Im not saying the mower liked it but pto and engine hp were never an issue. I'll be picking up an actual bush hog for those duties going forward. But after what I put that mower through, I'm a big fan of farm King products. So this blower was an easy choice for me. I'm looking forward to no more sweating and freezing at the same time. While taking hours to blow out after big snow falls. And if buying this blower brings us a mild winter with little snow. I'll be just as happy, ha!
    2014 1023E - R4 Tires - H120 Loader - Ballast Box - Forward lighting kit with Artillian horse blinders - 48" Ratchet Rake Snow Edge - 42" HLA Forks
    2017 Z540R - 54" High Capacity Deck - Forward Lighting & Mulch Kit - 60" Farm King Rear Snow Blower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    ...if buying this blower brings us a mild winter with little snow. I'll be just as happy, ha!
    That's what's known as snowsurance and I too share your story.

I purchased a 54" Frontier blower now 3 winters ago, used it for a total of 10 minutes (just because I could). For the 8 winters prior, I would blade the snow off the drive morning and night for 2-3 hours per day per snow and when the wind blew I got to do it again. My wife takes EVERY opportunity to remind me that it was money wasted on an unused piece of equipment, and I reply that it's working out fine.
    etcallhome, golf12 and BigJim55 like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-27-2019 @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    That's what's known as snowsurance and I too share your story.

I purchased a 54" Frontier blower now 3 winters ago, used it for a total of 10 minutes (just because I could). For the 8 winters prior, I would blade the snow off the drive morning and night for 2-3 hours per day per snow and when the wind blew I got to do it again. My wife takes EVERY opportunity to remind me that it was money wasted on an unused piece of equipment, and I reply that it's working out fine.
    ^^ haha!. my point exactly!. No snow on the driveway is no snow on the driveway. I don't care how it happens!.
    etcallhome and 56Nine like this.
    2014 1023E - R4 Tires - H120 Loader - Ballast Box - Forward lighting kit with Artillian horse blinders - 48" Ratchet Rake Snow Edge - 42" HLA Forks
    2017 Z540R - 54" High Capacity Deck - Forward Lighting & Mulch Kit - 60" Farm King Rear Snow Blower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements