Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: What would you pay?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks

What would you pay?

10' Deere disk no hydraulic cylinder. With 12' brillion cultipacker. 14' Brillion cultipacker with knobbed packer wheels. All well kept just the disk has been in fencerow. Wheel bearings all good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171028_100221629_1509241980737.jpg   IMG_20171028_100912638_1509242018471.jpg  
    pcabe5 and Robnik like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckFarmer55 View Post
    10' Deere disk no hydraulic cylinder. With 12' brillion cultipacker. 14' Brillion cultipacker with knobbed packer wheels. All well kept just the disk has been in fencerow. Wheel bearings all good.
    I see disks around that size regularly for sale locally via classifieds and at auctions for $600-$1000. Cultipackers however blow my mind at the prices they fetch. I have never paid close attention to those like the 14' in pic due to being far to big for my use but the 12' would bring well over a $1000. I'm sure this is like all equipment though, what sells cheap in one area is sky high in another part of the country.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Thanks
    I agree on the disk pricing. Here would be about the same, 1k might be a hair high but I don’t see many Deere’s and it looks in pretty good shape. The paint makes me think it didn’t set in the fence row long.

Can’t tell you on the cultipacker, never see them here.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The guy that's selling them is an older farmer that has to retire. His vision is going bad. I'll probably just end up with the packer that's? hooked to the disk already. My friend now owns the property and they're buying about half of the guys equipment. Just so it stays well maintained and doesn't go to another farm to get beat up. He also has a couple older Parker and Kill Bros wagons. Around 300 bushel I think. We will drag the disk out of the fencerow and see if there's much that would need fixing. I got first choice at equipment because I'm just starting to gain equipment and small pieces of ground and you don't make much custom hiring everything done.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks

Not much

LOL, in my case I wouldn't pay much as I already have both a disk and a cultipacker sitting around. Neither has been used for years. Probably 15 years ago, most people in this area moved away from a cultipacker to a rolling harrow, perhaps because they are lighter and still work well to break up any clods.

If you are going to have to move the equipment on the highway, the transport wheels are necessary. Those floating rings really help if the soil is sticky as they tend to make the cultipacker self cleaning but you can't run them on the road. Not only is it tough on the road but the rings break when run on hard surfaces. One issue is that 14' is getting a bit dicey to transport on a narrow road if you have to go any distance. That may be another reason for the switch to rolling harrows as those can be folded much easier and can be made in wider widths but still transportable.

The wheeled cultipacker looks in good shape. Check the hydraulic cylinder for any pitting but it looked good in the pictures. I wouldn't worry too much about the wheel bearings on either the disk or the cultipacker as those are pretty cheap and easy to change. The disk gang bearings are a bit more expensive and can be a pain to change, especially getting the nuts off and then back on and tight enough. A good impact wrench helps but there's still a lot of pieces to get in place with a fair amount of weight involved. If at all possible, raise the disk to transport position and spin the gangs over to see if you have any bad bearings.

On the disk, look hard for any hairline cracks in the frame especially at the corners where stress concentrates. Measure the blades to see how much they've worn and check the leveling mechanism to make sure it moves freely and nothing is bent. Both are pretty simple but there's significant stress involved in pulling machines through and over soft dirt so it doesn't hurt to check for any issues.

Treefarmer
    pcabe5 and Robnik like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks. Luckily our roads aren't too busy other than the people that live here. Most of my ground is within 200 yards of my shop. Haha. I would prefer the one with transport wheels but it depends on what he wants for it. He also had a field cultivator in the fencerow I was going to pull out because it didn't look too bad. With those tools I'd be pretty well set with the exception of a combine. Which my friend will gladly hire himself to harvest. Haha. I had him plant as well this past spring but I was in a pinch. So he is helping me get ahold of equipment because we figured that even if it takes a couple hours more, it's still cheaper than renting or hiring it done.
    pcabe5, BigJim55, ky_shawn and 1 others like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Update. We agreed on $750 for the disk and the packer attached to it. Seemed more than fair to me.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Update. We agreed on $750 for the disk and the packer attached to it. Seemed more than fair to me.
    I would’ve bought it for that.
    pcabe5, BigJim55, ky_shawn and 1 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I thought he meant for each but he said no for both of them together.
    BigJim55, ky_shawn and Robnik like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    I thought he meant for each but he said no for both of them together.
    You did good on that deal man. You can wear them both out and still get your money back.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast