• 2 Post By Zebrafive
  • 3 Post By martincom

Thread: Is this a good find, mower deck

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks

Is this a good find, mower deck

I bought my 1025r without a mower deck since I don't have grass. Although Now being here for a while there are some areas that I like to keep the weeds and brush down. Since I have tight and uneven spaces areas to cut i think it would be best with a deck mower vs a 3pt hitch.
    I've been waiting on a deal and ran across this...

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd...346041483.html

Does this seem like a deal? I would probably use it maybe 10 times a year so its a nice to have.
    1025r FILB, 47" Snowblower, Front Blade, Quick Hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCE View Post
    I bought my 1025r without a mower deck since I don't have grass. Although Now being here for a while there are some areas that I like to keep the weeds and brush down. Since I have tight and uneven spaces areas to cut i think it would be best with a deck mower vs a 3pt hitch.

Does this seem like a deal? I would probably use it maybe 10 times a year so its a nice to have.
    My opinion, yes. Since he Never actually had it on one I would get the model number and just verify with your dealer it will fit. You will also have to find out which PTO shaft it takes and how much it is.
    Levi, raco232 and Robnik like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCE View Post

They are over $2000.00 new, so $1000.00 is a pretty good price. The posted serial number (1M01060DPCM025164) "C" indicates this is a 2012 60D mmm. The serial number on my 60D is 1M01060DJDM034970 "D" indicates 2013 which is what mine is.

You will need to add the mmm lift linkage components to your tractor as they are most likely not on your tractor. The mechanical lift system that connects to the 3 point rockshaft would be the most economical way to go. This system uses the 3 point lift/lower control to raise and lower the mmm. The slight disadvantage is, the 3 point draft arms also go up an down when raising and lowering the mmm. If you set the lower stop on your 3 point control, you will find you do not need to lower the 3 point very far for the mmm to be completely lowered.

It also looks like there is no PTO driveshaft. Also, looking at the pictures, this MMM is not an auto-connect since it doesn't have the coarse spline adapter on the gear box input shaft. Not a problem, you just need to make sure you get the correct PTO shaft.

Link to mmm lift systems......
    Mid-mower lift system (1 Family)
    Robnik likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-20-2019 @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Since you didn't get a mower with your tractor, is it setup to put one on? If not you would have to buy all the parts to put one on, both in front and underneath.

Dis-regard, Ray done covered it all.
    Last edited by Levi; 11-19-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    romcjr and Robnik like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Since you didn't get a mower with your tractor, is it setup to put one on? If not you would have to buy all the parts to put one on, both in front and underneath.

Dis-regard, Ray done covered it all.
    Levi......Good minds think alike!!!!
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 AM
    Thanks
    Is there a chance that the seller has all the necessary linkage, etc? After all, he bought the mower with his tractor - I would hope the dealer gave him all of the necessary stuff.
    Levi likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Is there a chance that the seller has all the necessary linkage, etc? After all, he bought the mower with his tractor - I would hope the dealer gave him all of the necessary stuff.
    Seller states he bought to try and fit to an older mower. I am thinking he bought used, it's a 2012, and hoped to mount on an x4XX series, or x5XX series L&G tractor.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    There was a nice fellow IN Wisconsin that had a brand new 60D deck for sale on Craig's List for quite awhile this year. Though I wanted a 54, I was certainly willing to look at it if I could save some money. Like this Baltimore deck, there was nothing other than the deck included with it. By the time I acquired the PTO shaft, linkage and so forth to install it; it was as much or more than a new one from the dealer. Not to mention it was a 3+ hour drive one-way. So be sure to research your related costs.

I looked at my quote, I paid 1425.00 for the 54D Autoconnect deck. That didn't include the linkage or the PTO shaft.
    Levi, Oscar Leroy and Robnik like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements