Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Ready for the snow...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 06:35 PM
    Thanks

Ready for the snow...

We're supposed to be getting 2-4" of snow tonight and tomorrow in Virginia. What I've learned over the years is that really means a dusting to 8+ inches.

So today I put the Edge tamers on for the first time on the 61" bucket. This literally took less than a couple of minutes. I might have to go try them out on some leaves, . Better picture of Kenny's Bolt on Hooks also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, fdmars and 11 others like this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,468 Posts
    How much snow do the plow tamers leave under the bucket when you are using them for snow removal? If you do get enough snow to use them, would you kindly post a picture or three of what it looks like when using them for snow removal and the surface after clearing snow, etc.?

Our snow forecast was originally for our snow to start TODAY and then increase tonight and by Saturday night, we were supposed to have 4" to 10" of snow from Lake Effect. Well, yesterday morning, I awoke to 2" to 3" of snow and the snow wasn't even supposed to begin until TODAY. I had been using my tractor for other projects and was delaying putting the plow on and still had the FEL on, so I had to scramble and drop the FEL and mount up the Quick Attach and front blade......which only takes maybe 10 minutes. But still........

It made me think of the Edge tamers as a "back up" plan in case I needed to use the loader for snow removal in a hurry or if I have an equipment issue with the plow. My bucket has the Piranha edge on it, which I wonder if the Edge tamers will work with that bucket edge on it? Perhaps someone will have experience with that issue.

Thank you very much!
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    How much snow do the plow tamers leave under the bucket when you are using them for snow removal? If you do get enough snow to use them, would you kindly post a picture or three of what it looks like when using them for snow removal and the surface after clearing snow, etc.?

Our snow forecast was originally for our snow to start TODAY and then increase tonight and by Saturday night, we were supposed to have 4" to 10" of snow from Lake Effect. Well, yesterday morning, I awoke to 2" to 3" of snow and the snow wasn't even supposed to begin until TODAY. I had been using my tractor for other projects and was delaying putting the plow on and still had the FEL on, so I had to scramble and drop the FEL and mount up the Quick Attach and front blade......which only takes maybe 10 minutes. But still........

It made me think of the Edge tamers as a "back up" plan in case I needed to use the loader for snow removal in a hurry or if I have an equipment issue with the plow. My bucket has the Piranha edge on it, which I wonder if the Edge tamers will work with that bucket edge on it? Perhaps someone will have experience with that issue.

Thank you very much!
    Here’s my review from a while back -

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...rs-review.html
    ColonyPark, ChrisR, Levi and 3 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,285 Posts
    That is my plan as well. I use my Edge Tamers with the Edge Extender during the summer months for carrying long things and debris removal. But even though I have a front snow blower there are times when we get some snow prior to me preparing the tractor for winter or a freak late snow after I've removed the blower and remounted the loader. In these cases I would simply throw the Edge Tamers on and be good to go. Likewise if the blower ever decided to blow up in the middle of winter.

I've used them for the final cleanup of a load of stones which I had delivered in the driveway. They allowed me to scoop up the remains without digging into the existing gravel.

I've never measured the height of them but I suspect they will leave an inch or so of snow.
    Last edited by jgayman; 12-08-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

I sure will!

Thank you very much!
    I'll definitely post some pictures. I'm so excited not to have to get the wife to use the snow blower as I can't walk.
    Levi, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

8. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I know another member had hand controls installed on their 1 series tractor, can't find the thread..... It was all custom of course. Is that something you've looked into?
    Gizmo2, Levi, SulleyBear and 2 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    That is my plan as well. I use my Edge Tamers with the Edge Extender during the summer months for carrying long things and debris removal. But even though I have a front snow blower there are times when we get some snow prior to me preparing the tractor for winter or a freak late snow after I've removed the blower and remounted the loader. In these cases I would simply throw the Edge Tamers on and be good to go. Likewise if the blower ever decided to blow up in the middle of winter.

I've used them for the final cleanup of a load of stones which I had delivered in the driveway. They allowed me to scoop up the remains without digging into the existing gravel.

I've never measured the height of them but I suspect they will leave an inch or so of snow.
    They leave no where near an inch of snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F2C0827B-D894-45A0-B225-47EA73876B5F.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	503898
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I know another member had hand controls installed on their 1 series tractor, can't find the thread..... It was all custom of course. Is that something you've looked into?
    I can run the pedals. I can walk about 50' at a time with assistance. With my illness it's progressive, so I'll probably need hand controls one day.

Levi, SulleyBear, bmichael and 1 others like this.

11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfishin View Post
    I can run the pedals. I can walk about 50' at a time with assistance. With my illness it's progressive, so I'll probably need hand controls one day.
    I wish that wasn't the case, but I really admire your spirit. Your posts are always upbeat.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Catfishin (12-08-2017)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I wish that wasn't the case, but I really admire your spirit. Your posts are always upbeat. 1gif:
    Thank you! I'm not giving up! We just have to work smarter.

etcallhome, Gizmo2, fdmars and 8 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast