• 3 Post By 69project
  • 1 Post By Mister B

Thread: 3025E attachments

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 07:56 AM
    Thanks

3025E attachments

For those of you that have a 3025E what size attachments do you have? My dealer was telling me when he came out yesterday to give me a trade-in quote, that the 3025E is rated for the same size implements as my current 1025R.

I have seen package deals on tractorhouse.com where some dealers are selling 60" implements with the 3025E. I have not seen any 48" advertised with a 3025E.

I currently have a 48" rotary cutter which i am keeping because it will actually be getting for getting in tight spots in the woods, but I would like to get a bigger than 48" tiller for our garden. What size could i go up to without over stressing the tractor? We have excellent soil. Our open land was previously farm land (just farmed about 2-3 years ago) so the soil is free of any roots and there is hardly any clay. In most of the soil, clay starts about 26-28" down. We also do not have any big rocks, just small golf ball or smaller rocks.

i eventually would like to get a box blade, disk, and maybe some other things but want to make sure the 3025E has enough power to use bigger implements, because if not, why trade my current 1025r.

What has your experience been with the 3025E? Has it had enough power for all your needs? From videos I've watched on YouTube and reviews I've read, I've heard more about traction issues than power issues.

I also read, not sure if its true, but the engine at full throttle actually has more HP than listed, both engine and PTO. The specs given just helps it fall under the filter threshold. Thoughts??

Thanks for any feedback!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danmc48 View Post
    For those of you that have a 3025E what size attachments do you have? My dealer was telling me when he came out yesterday to give me a trade-in quote, that the 3025E is rated for the same size implements as my current 1025R.

I have seen package deals on tractorhouse.com where some dealers are selling 60" implements with the 3025E. I have not seen any 48" advertised with a 3025E.

I currently have a 48" rotary cutter which i am keeping because it will actually be getting for getting in tight spots in the woods, but I would like to get a bigger than 48" tiller for our garden. What size could i go up to without over stressing the tractor? We have excellent soil. Our open land was previously farm land (just farmed about 2-3 years ago) so the soil is free of any roots and there is hardly any clay. In most of the soil, clay starts about 26-28" down. We also do not have any big rocks, just small golf ball or smaller rocks.

i eventually would like to get a box blade, disk, and maybe some other things but want to make sure the 3025E has enough power to use bigger implements, because if not, why trade my current 1025r.

What has your experience been with the 3025E? Has it had enough power for all your needs? From videos I've watched on YouTube and reviews I've read, I've heard more about traction issues than power issues.

I also read, not sure if its true, but the engine at full throttle actually has more HP than listed, both engine and PTO. The specs given just helps it fall under the filter threshold. Thoughts??

Thanks for any feedback!!
    I have the 3032E. I have a 6' rear blade and a 4 in 1 bucket. I run the iMatch and ballast box with 560# in it. I highly recommend the ballast box and filled rear tires. I have the R4's. More power than traction without it. The loader owners manual has warnings to use both.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Catfishin For This Useful Post:

danmc48 (12-08-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    I traded my 2210 for a 3025e this past May. Best thing I have ever done. I have about twice the lifting power in the FEL as my SCUT. That alone makes it worth it. The tractor is about 55 inches wide, IIRC. I use a 5 foot land plane with it. I also use a 5' Land Scape Rake to. I have a PDH 300 too.

The PTO HP is around 19/20hp so plan your PTO driven implements on that planning factor. I would not keep any 4 foot implements with a 3 series because it won't cover the tires. A 3025e can handle 5 or 6 foot implements just fine if you ask me. I trade/sell your 48 inch tiller. I think the JD/Frontier model to get is the 655 but you need to check the PTO HP requirements. I know that at least it will be wide enough. Your sales guy is correct your 1 series implements will work on the 3025E but that because both have a Cat 1 size three point hitch so technically an implement that fits a 1 series will fit a 3E series. That was one of the reasons I went with a 3 series as I have a bunch of FEL attachments I was able to keep using with my 3E series. Saves me money in the end.

Overall my 3025E has significantly more pulling power than my old 2210 regardless of whatever the specs are. I have pulled that land plane through some thick clay without too many issues. I would not have been able to do that with my 2210. It also a pretty nimble tractor and for me the FEL lifts a lot more than a SCUT. It is still light enough of a tractor I don't have to worry about what it does too my lawn (assuming I can ever grow one!) I would have loved to have a 3R series but my budget brought me back to reality. Also a 3025E doesn't have any emission equipment compared to the other 3 series models.

In short, if you are on a budget and don't need a lot of frills I would consider a 3 series particularly the 3025. I have not lacked for engine power. I wish I had more FEL capability but really that would just get me in trouble.
    Drifterbike, danmc48 and PJR832 like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

danmc48 (12-11-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-06-2018 @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 60" box blade and a 72" rear blade for my 3025E and my tractor handles both fine.
    PJR832 likes this.
    John Deere 3025E w/Loader
    Woods 5' Box Blade
    Woods 5' Grader Scraper
    Woods 6' Rear Blade
    Heavy Hitch Tooth bar
    Rear Tires loaded with Rim Guard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister B For This Useful Post:

danmc48 (12-15-2017)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have a 3025e as well and am interested in attachment sizes too. Specifically the tiller. From reading it seems a 5' tiller would be just right? If anyone out there has ran a 5' tiller on a 3025e i would love to hear about it, just wondering as far as PTO HP goes and if it struggled at all.

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 PM
    Thanks
    My 2520 runs my 60" King Kutter Pro tiller very well. I've seen plenty of other folks with similar configs. I don't know the specifics on HP and weight of your 3025E but if they are similar it should be just fine.

Rob
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBlue For This Useful Post:

danmc48 (12-15-2017)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements