Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Loader Plow for 1025R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks

Loader Plow for 1025R

Here is a screen shot from the John Deere 1025R product brochure. Can you tell me what plow set up is pictured here ? Thx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 12.34.30 PM.jpg
    fdmars, Jep and PJR832 like this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like a 1025R with cab and a AF10F plow. The AF10F is new this year. It is JDQA to go right onto your loader but it is only manual angle. I'm hoping they come out with a hydro angle kit for it soon! (I have no idea of they are even considering that but... a guy can dream!)

https://www.deere.com/en_US/products...nt-blades.page
    Gizmo2, Levi, johnH123 and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks JimR.

So....is the general consensus of the SCUT posters on this forum that the quick hitch plow is superior to the loader mounted version(s)? Or is it still more like Pepsi/Coke preference? From reading thru the myriad of posts on loader or frame mounted plows....there seems to be some issues with the engineering/geometry of the loader mounted variety that seem to favour using the frame mounts.
    Last edited by Busman; 12-11-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    Thanks JimR.

So....is the general consensus of the SCUT posters on this forum that the quick hitch plow is superior to the loader mounted version(s)? Or is it still more like Pepsi/Coke preference? From reading thru the myriad of posts on loader or frame mounted plows....there seems to be some issues with the engineering/geometry of the loader mounted variety that seem to favour using the frame mounts.
    I don't know if there is a consensus. I've seen a lot of comments from people worried about bending their loader arms but I've never heard anyone say it's actually ever happened. I have a 2-series which is only marginally larger than the SCUTs and once I mounted my plow on the loader I never looked back. I don't even remember how to hook it up using just the Quick Hitch.
    Levi, joshn3448, C-Range and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    Thanks JimR.

I'm not aware of that consensus. Especially when you consider that the current JD Quick Attach front mounted 54" plow is basically a carry over from their garden tractors and uses a tractor mount designed for a mower deck. The Quick Attach is barely up to the task of carrying the snow blower let alone a blade that will see a lot of force put on the edges.

Pushing snow with the loader isn't much different than ramming the bucket into a pile of gravel or using the edge of the bucket to loosen a stump.

If longevity is the concern I'd take the loader mounted blade any day.
    Levi, hemi225, wentonbrown and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

PJR832†(12-11-2017)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I don't know if there is a consensus. I've seen a lot of comments from people worried about bending their loader arms but I've never heard anyone say it's actually ever happened. I have a 2-series which is only marginally larger than the SCUTs and once I mounted my plow on the loader I never looked back. I don't even remember how to hook it up using just the Quick Hitch.
    Jim, Iíll be using a FEL mounted plow for the first time this year. That would be my only concern, when angled one loader arm would be taking on more pressure correct??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:42 PM
    Thanks
    If you think of a Plow for your FEL<, CTA is starting to manufacturing them. I am thinking of getting one of these for my new 2038. Good Luck
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Jim, Iíll be using a FEL mounted plow for the first time this year. That would be my only concern, when angled one loader arm would be taking on more pressure correct??
    Not necessarily. I have the 54" Deere plow mounted on the Artillian adapter. All of the stress of the plow is on the Quick Hitch part that is still used.. That is centered on the Artillian adapter that is mounted on the Artillian fork frame. I'll have to post a pic later of the whole setup but by the time everything is mounted, the pressure form the plow is pretty evenly distributed between the frame arms. The Quick Hitch is really the weak point. I popped the angling hydro cylinder last year when I inadvertently slammed the plow into some solid stuff.
    Levi, coaltrain and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,298 Posts
    Not necessarily. I have the 54" Deere plow mounted on the Artillian adapter. All of the stress of the plow is on the Quick Hitch part that is still used.. That is centered on the Artillian adapter that is mounted on the Artillian fork frame. I'll have to post a pic later of the whole setup but by the time everything is mounted, the pressure form the plow is pretty evenly distributed between the frame arms. The Quick Hitch is really the weak point. I popped the angling hydro cylinder last year when I inadvertently slammed the plow into some solid stuff.
    Okay, Iím not using the Artillian set up, but I do understand what you are saying.
    This is mine, itís a 72Ē Moose UTV plow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, Levi and johnH123 like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Thanks
    Here is the link to my setup. I have never had any problems. Been using this setup for two years and have pushed some pretty heavy and hard snow.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...w-adapter.html
    Last edited by BillieS; 12-12-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    Levi, jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast