Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Installing the 366FMB & Front 3 Point Hitch on the 2038R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks

Installing the 366FMB & Front 3 Point Hitch on the 2038R

I finally have some time to convert the 2038R over to winter plow mode. Today I will be removing the loader (which should take all of 2 minutes) and then installing the removed parts (cylinders, hydraulics, lift arms, center link, A-Frame) for the front 3 Point Hitch and then install the front blade. I will photo-document and post pics on here later today to share the results... Can't wait to plow with it in that configuration. Wish me luck!

Sincerely

3 Photos of BadAss when she was being delivered from the dealer and they were demonstrating the Front 3 Point Hitch and the 366FMB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deere 2038R 38A.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	508809

Name:	Deere 2038R 40.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	508817

Name:	Deere 2038R 41.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	508825
    pcabe5, BigJim55, Bulitt and 5 others like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

Herminator (02-12-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks

Installing the 366FMB & Front 3 Point Hitch on the 2038R

Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    Can't wait to plow with it in that configuration. Wish me luck!
    Good Luck, Joe!

Thanks for sharing... looking forward to your posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by TheSilverFox; 12-15-2017 at 08:38 AM.
    Mark

2038R - x380

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSilverFox For This Useful Post:

HomesteadJoe (12-15-2017)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

I'll give you some tips for the front a frame hitch and 366 blade after using one for a few years on my 3320.

1) Take the big wingnut and lynch pin that hold the big bolt on and throw them away, they are useless.

2) Take the big bolt, go to the local hardware store and get a hex and lock nut to fit it, they are metric thread.

3) Go get one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...n?cm_vc=IOPDP1

4) When you store the blade, do so where it will not get water on it as the cylinders tend to pickup water and go bad.

5) The skid shoes are set to the wrong angle as it comes from Deere, Kenny has a post on relocating them for proper function.

OK, back to #'s 2 and 3: With your new hardware, mount up the blade. When you put the retaining pin in, clip the bailing wire closed then rotate the pin so that the big end is facing forward. pull the bolt up making sure the pin catches the notch in the hitch, hand tighten the nut to snug it. Now, very important step, push the pin forward so that the head of the pin is against the hitch plate then tighten the nut up snug but not tight enough to sheer the pin, then lock the lock nut down against the hex nut. This will make sure that the plow will stay put on the A frame hitch. The big wingnut and lynch pin will always loosen up no matter how tight you put them, ask me I bent the crap out of the big bolt once because the lynch pin fell out.

Tom
    glc, pcabe5, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomd999 For This Useful Post:

Abnav8r (11-01-2018), HomesteadJoe (12-15-2017), Kennyd (12-15-2017)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

I'll give you some tips for the front a frame hitch and 366 blade after using one for a few years on my 3320.

1) Take the big wingnut and lynch pin that hold the big bolt on and throw them away, they are useless.

2) Take the big bolt, go to the local hardware store and get a hex and lock nut to fit it, they are metric thread.

4) When you store the blade, do so where it will not get water on it as the cylinders tend to pickup water and go bad.

5) The skid shoes are set to the wrong angle as it comes from Deere, Kenny has a post on relocating them for proper function.

OK, back to #'s 2 and 3: With your new hardware, mount up the blade. When you put the retaining pin in, clip the bailing wire closed then rotate the pin so that the big end is facing forward. pull the bolt up making sure the pin catches the notch in the hitch, hand tighten the nut to snug it. Now, very important step, push the pin forward so that the head of the pin is against the hitch plate then tighten the nut up snug but not tight enough to sheer the pin, then lock the lock nut down against the hex nut. This will make sure that the plow will stay put on the A frame hitch. The big wingnut and lynch pin will always loosen up no matter how tight you put them, ask me I bent the crap out of the big bolt once because the lynch pin fell out.

Tom
    Wow, Thanks! I would love for you to add some photos of these mods to go along with the text in your post!

Sincerely
    BigJim55 likes this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

10. Top | #5
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

Tom
    Yep! I can attest to that. The person I got my blade from pretty much totally neglected it. Both angle cylinders are like this. Luckily they don't leak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2520 plow 006.jpg  
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glc For This Useful Post:

Abnav8r (11-01-2018), HomesteadJoe (12-16-2017)

12. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Thanks
    I cannot find the post about the skid shoe fix. I set one up about a year ago and couldn't figure out how to get a better angle no matter how I set the shoes.
    Superglidesport likes this.

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I cannot find the post about the skid shoe fix. I set one up about a year ago and couldn't figure out how to get a better angle no matter how I set the shoes.
    Jeff,
    I couldn't find it either-searched here and on TBN, it's probably burred within another thread.

Anyway, I did find this picture on my PC, basically you have to cut the top of the u-shaped holder, bend it out, then add in about 1/2" or 3/4" of steel then reweld to get the shoes flat on the ground. When I recently bought the used 366 blade for my 3720 I was fully expecting to have to make this modification, but someone already did, my guess is the selling dealer maybe.

If anyone needs help with this and is withing driving distance, I'd be happy to do it for them.

Name:	DSC09849 (Large).jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	509761
    glc, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 4 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

HomesteadJoe (12-16-2017)

15. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks Kenny! Looks much better than having just the front of the shoe touching the ground.
    pcabe5 likes this.

16. Top | #9
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks
    Ken, were there different setups on these blades? Mine were never welded. The top is free, and the bottom is bolted. Pic is first install 7 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2520 plow 022.jpg  
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

17. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Ken, were there different setups on these blades? Mine were never welded. The top is free, and the bottom is bolted. Pic is first install 7 years ago.
    Greg,

Your's is a 380 series blade (according to your signature text), the mod we are discussing is for the 366 blade.

Tom
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast