Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Noob question on PTO implements wtih I-Match

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Thanks

Noob question on PTO implements wtih I-Match

I plan on buying a 1025r and a rotary tiller. I also want to get an I-match for easy hook up. I've been looking at the Frontier rt1142 and the 647. I was surfing the Mutton power web store and noticed the 1142 states that it's I-match compatible and the 647 doesn't mention anything. I couldn't see why 647 wouldn't be. Then it dawned on me that the PTO shaft might have to be longer because of the I-match. Does the 1142 pto shaft telescope out further to accommodate the I-match and the 647 doesn't, or is that assumption totally wrong? Also, another noob question. Do these two tillers even include the pto shaft or are they extra? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    I plan on buying a 1025r and a rotary tiller. I also want to get an I-match for easy hook up. I've been looking at the Frontier rt1142 and the 647. I was surfing the Mutton power web store and noticed the 1142 states that it's I-match compatible and the 647 doesn't mention anything. I couldn't see why 647 wouldn't be. Then it dawned on me that the PTO shaft might have to be longer because of the I-match. Does the 1142 pto shaft telescope out further to accommodate the I-match and the 647 doesn't, or is that assumption totally wrong? Also, another noob question. Do these two tillers even include the pto shaft or are they extra? Thanks.
    So the tiller comes with the drive lines. To hook up to tractor. One I set-up I had to cut drive line to get it to fit on a tractor with no quick hitch. I believe the drive line might be long enough to use with a quick hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SulleyBear, greenharley and PJR832 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    If you read the description for the 647 on the Mutton site the last line reads "The ability to use the iMatch connector allows for a quick and easy attachment and removal of the 647 Tiller."

Most 3pt attachments come with a telescoping PTO shaft and they need to be cut to length for your specific machine. If you have an iMatch, you just need to cut them a few inches longer. I've found that if I cut them to fit the iMatch, they will still collapse enough to use them without teh iMatch if I ever want to do that.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    If you read the description for the 647 on the Mutton site the last line reads "The ability to use the iMatch connector allows for a quick and easy attachment and removal of the 647 Tiller."

Most 3pt attachments come with a telescoping PTO shaft and they need to be cut to length for your specific machine. If you have an iMatch, you just need to cut them a few inches longer. I've found that if I cut them to fit the iMatch, they will still collapse enough to use them without teh iMatch if I ever want to do that.
    Ok, thanks. So the pto shafts come long and then are custom cut to fit. Makes sense. Is that something the dealer does when you buy or is that expected to be done at home?
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Ok, thanks. So the pto shafts come long and then are custom cut to fit. Makes sense. Is that something the dealer does when you buy or is that expected to be done at home?
    Likely depends how you purchase the item. If it's bought with a new tractor, I would expect it to be set up when I got the equipment. If the PTO item is purchased separately, then it's likely left up to the consumer to cut so make sure it fits their application.

Also depends on the dealer.......some are much better than others. If you are dealing with Mutton's, as I saw that mentioned, they tend to do things right and well so I would expect them to either have it done or assist you.
    BigJim55 and Barry w like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,309 Posts
    If you search on YouTube you'll see many videos on properly cutting a PTO shaft, it's quite simple but it does have to be done right.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and jimmylh like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Likely depends how you purchase the item. If it's bought with a new tractor, I would expect it to be set up when I got the equipment. If the PTO item is purchased separately, then it's likely left up to the consumer to cut so make sure it fits their application.

Also depends on the dealer.......some are much better than others. If you are dealing with Mutton's, as I saw that mentioned, they tend to do things right and well so I would expect them to either have it done or assist you.
    I'm planning on buying everything I want at the dealer when I purchase the tractor, so I can take advantage of the 0% financing for the whole bundle. A tiller, forks for the loader, I-match, quick hitch for trailer moving, suit case weights, etc. I've been trying to get prices and specs for everything I want and to get an idea of how much I'll be spending, hence the web store surfing.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 12-20-2017 at 01:38 PM.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    I'm planning on buying everything I want at the dealer when I purchase the tractor, so I can take advantage of the 0% financing for the whole bundle. A tiller, forks for the loader, I-match, quick hitch for trailer moving, suit case weights, etc. I've been trying to get prices and specs for everything I want and to get an idea of how much I'll be spending, hence the web store surfing.
    If I were doing that, when I was placing the order with the dealer I'd ask if they would cut them for me but, I'd ask if they'd walk me through it once or twice. As mentioned, there are a bunch of videos on how to do it and it seems complicated but, once you do it it turns out that it's pretty easy.

I'm pretty sure my dealer would have been happy to let me watch and have their guys walk me through it. I ended up cutting my first one on my own and was pretty concerned I was going to mess it up. Then I just cut it and when I got done I remember thinking "So that was it?".
    BigJim55, keane, jimmylh and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Thanks
    Everything Attachments has an excellent YouTube video on cutting PTO shafts.
    BigJim55, jimmylh, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Everything Attachments has an excellent YouTube video on cutting PTO shafts.
    Yeah, I just watched it. He does a pretty good job explaining. I've seen a bunch of their other vids, seems like a nice bunch of folks.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast