Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 3r loader mount plow size?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-10-2018 @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks

3r loader mount plow size?

I just came in from clearing my driveway again (Erie, PA) and noticed I am already starting to wear my bucket. I have been weighing the options of which snow removal implement would be best. I have narrowed it down to either a 6 foot snow pusher or a power angle plow. The main question I have is how wide of a plow should I be looking for? I haven't had any issue this week with my 6 foot bucket pushing 2-3 feet of snow the length of my driveway so could I get away with a 7 foot plow or should I keep it around 6 foot? My tractor is a 3033R with R4 tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,586 Posts
    Some may say the 84" is fine, but I would suggest the 72", less chance of the blade pushing the tractor around when loaded.
    Superglidesport and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Thanks
    I think you could probably get away with either of them. If you are doing more stacking than plowing then I'd stick with the 6'. If you do go with the 7', keep in mind, even if you go with a 7' plow, you don't HAVE to take a full bite. You can always back off and sweep half the blade.
    Superglidesport, jdmich and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Remember that when angled you lose width. What kind of plowing are you doing? Long staright drieways I would get an 84" as its casting off to the side anyways. If you are doing a lot of cleanup then I would get a 72", less likely to wack something.

Actually since you have a 72" bucket I'd use that for close quarters cleanup and the 84" for the rest. It shouldn't push the tractor around too much unless you are trying to bust thru large drifts.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-10-2018 @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    Well thanks for the help. I just worked out a deal with a guy I work with for a 7.5 foot meyers plow that I will need to adapt to my JDQA (just ordered some plates for $99) for $250. The frame is freshly shot blasted and painted. The moldboard is nicely powder coated and will need skinned. I will need to get a sheet of something (either stainless or mild steel), a new set of shoes ($50), if needed angle cylinders ($150), and hoses ($100?) to run from my rear remotes. Hoping to be in this for $6-700. If it turns out to be too wide, I can cut some width off down the line.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebandit! View Post
    Well thanks for the help. I just worked out a deal with a guy I work with for a 7.5 foot meyers plow that I will need to adapt to my JDQA (just ordered some plates for $99) for $250. The frame is freshly shot blasted and painted. The moldboard is nicely powder coated and will need skinned. I will need to get a sheet of something (either stainless or mild steel), a new set of shoes ($50), if needed angle cylinders ($150), and hoses ($100?) to run from my rear remotes. Hoping to be in this for $6-700. If it turns out to be too wide, I can cut some width off down the line.
    I use the 84 inch AF-11 on my 4052R loader and I can sometimes get pushed around with it. For my purposes(1/4 mile gravel driveway) it’s been awesome. I just can’t always plow with it in float if it’s super slippery.

Good luck with the plow and with the never-ending lake effect!
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

I'm late to the thread but I would still recommend a snow push over a loader plow every time. I had a loader plow, I sold it to someone that quickly sold it to someone else. I see it on CL every year or 2. Loader plows are an idea that works well on paper and not so well in the real world. There is a reason you see snow pushers in every parking lot, they work very well and are a lot faster than a plow, blower or bucket.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

10. Top | #8
    Neb
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks
    Bluebandit,
    We don't get much snow here in Central Illinois, or at least we haven't for the last several years, so I'm not sure how valuable my experience is, but I have been using a loader-mounted 7.5 foot Meyer truck plow for the last couple of years. Here is a link to some photos of my setup: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ml#post2490898
    I was fortunate to find a used plow that included the angle cylinders and part of the framework. I had a local weldshop fabricate the adapter plate that you see mounted to the tractor in the photos. To save weight, I removed the very heavy cutting edge that came with the plow and tack welded a 2" diameter piece of conduit to the blade after I cut a slit with an angle grinder. It seems to do a good job of pushing snow without picking up the gravel. It's a long, fairly flat drive, so it's not a very demanding situation.

Ken
    PJR832 likes this.
    2007 3320 with 300CX Loader
    Piranha tooth bar
    Ken's Hooks
    5' box blade
    Forks
    Greens-Machine 'thumb'
    Titan 42" forks
    7.5 foot Meyer truck plow, loader mounted w/Ken's crossover relief valve
    72" 7 iron mid mounted deck
    Kubota post auger
    X485 with 62" deck and Ken's seat spring upgrade

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neb For This Useful Post:

bluebandit! (12-31-2017)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 10:06 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

I'm late to the thread but I would still recommend a snow push over a loader plow every time. I had a loader plow, I sold it to someone that quickly sold it to someone else. I see it on CL every year or 2. Loader plows are an idea that works well on paper and not so well in the real world. There is a reason you see snow pushers in every parking lot, they work very well and are a lot faster than a plow, blower or bucket.
    With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more with this. A loader plow is all I will use after years of experience with various attachments. A snow pusher is only good for straight lines, such as parking lots and open spaces. Forget about curved driveways, no steering control.

My loader plow will take any conditions, be it a light dusting, ice, or a heavy storm. I can stack snow up high, no problem. As winter progresses, it's a simple switch to the bucket to manage excess build up when needed, which is usually one of two times at most.
    BillieS, jdmich, balrog006 and 1 others like this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Range View Post
    With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more with this. A loader plow is all I will use after years of experience with various attachments. A snow pusher is only good for straight lines, such as parking lots and open spaces. Forget about curved driveways, no steering control.

My loader plow will take any conditions, be it a light dusting, ice, or a heavy storm. I can stack snow up high, no problem. As winter progresses, it's a simple switch to the bucket to manage excess build up when needed, which is usually one of two times at most.
    I agree wholeheartedly with Chris here, I’ve been using a loader plow (HLA 1000 60”) on my 2032r since 2013 or so and there is no faster, better, more accurate and useful way to clear my open spaces and 700’ of curving drive than a plow. I just cleared 12” yesterday and then pushed back all my drifts/edges/piles in about 2 hours.
    BillieS and PJR832 like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast