• 6 Post By Yank
  • 3 Post By PJR832

Thread: Ballast Box Tweak

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Thanks

Ballast Box Tweak

Nothing major. Found an old chainsaw scabbard and attached it to the ballast box. Nothing fancy, two bolts and two nuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BED1900A-E42D-4E44-98B0-0328E213DD89.jpg   42BD6AA4-58CC-43BB-9C42-B3FE5234B05C.jpg  
    glc, Gizmo2, fdmars and 12 others like this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yank For This Useful Post:

Wj80 (01-10-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Thanks
    Great addition. I run with my saw on top of the box. Last Fall I was moving a bit fast and actually knocked the saw off (new Stihl MS 261). I didn't know that until I backed up and suddenly one rear wheel went way high. Tends to do that when you back over your saw Luckily only the bar break guide and handle broke. Still not cheap to fix. Smart move your solution and something I need as well. Thanks for sharing.
    rtgt, greenharley, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    John Deere 2014 2032r, H130 FEL, JD 46 BH, IMatch, RC1048, Countryline 6' Back Blade, Countryline 5' Rototiller, Countryline 6’ Landscape Rake, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, JD Ballast Box, Artillian Pallet forks, Grapple and Diverter, ROPS Warning Flag, Millcreek 63" Aerator, JD 21 Utility Trailer, 6ft Brillion Cultipacker.
    John Deere 2004 325
    John Deere 2017 X590

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Thanks
    I wanted to give an update to something in these pictures. I had another member ask me about the pins on the ballast box being installed backwards. He is right, they are. When I received my tractor and attachments from the dealer, this is how they installed them. All the pins on my other attachments were installed correctly. I thought that maybe one of their new guys made a mistake. I posted pics of of my ballast box pvc tube install several months ago and several of our members noticed the mistake also. We also discussed how everyone hated how the ballast box would slide from side to side while working the tractor. I realized mine didn’t do that. So, just for experiments sake, I turned them around to see the difference. Sure enough, having them on backwards was much better. I called my dealer and found out they do this intentionally. Something you guys might want to try to see how it works for you. You do have to be a little more exact when hooking it up to the quick hitch, but once it’s on, it’s solid as a rock, no sliding.
    pcabe5, rtgt, Jep and 3 others like this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yank For This Useful Post:

rtgt (01-12-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I wanted to give an update to something in these pictures. I had another member ask me about the pins on the ballast box being installed backwards. He is right, they are. When I received my tractor and attachments from the dealer, this is how they installed them. All the pins on my other attachments were installed correctly. I thought that maybe one of their new guys made a mistake. I posted pics of of my ballast box pvc tube install several months ago and several of our members noticed the mistake also. We also discussed how everyone hated how the ballast box would slide from side to side while working the tractor. I realized mine didn’t do that. So, just for experiments sake, I turned them around to see the difference. Sure enough, having them on backwards was much better. I called my dealer and found out they do this intentionally. Something you guys might want to try to see how it works for you. You do have to be a little more exact when hooking it up to the quick hitch, but once it’s on, it’s solid as a rock, no sliding.
    I have been planning on trying my pins like that since you first posted this awhile back. Warmer weather and I'm definitely going to try it.
    pcabe5, rtgt and Yank like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements