• 2 Post By johncanfield
  • 1 Post By johncanfield

Thread: Video of me running my WR Long grapple

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up Video of me running my WR Long grapple

Hey all, haven't been on the site lately. Anyway I bought a WR Long OBG2 64' open bottom grapple a couple of months ago and I've now put about 25 hours on the grapple. Wow, wow, wow. And I thought my pallet forks were handy . I always hated trimming my live oaks because it was such a hassle pulling and pushing the brush with the bucket. Tree trimming is now fun 'cause I get use the grapple.

Video here.

I have several still images I'll post later today. I'm a very happy camper with the WR Long grapple. I have their tooth bar and I was impressed with the quality of it and the grapple is very well put together.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johncanfield For This Useful Post:

69project (01-16-2018), Gizmo2 (01-16-2018), Kennyd (01-14-2018), Tractor Tim (01-16-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 2,575 Posts
    Very nice John. Having a grapple sure changes the way you can work
    Levi likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

Red face

Yessir Kenny! Here's a few images of the install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grapple.jpg   GrappleRear.jpg   HydraulicsFront.jpg   Joystick.jpg   Valve.jpg  

Kennyd, dieselshadow, Levi and 5 others like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    That thing is a monster! I have the WR Long 3rd function valve for my Artillian Grapple and like their set up. The business end of the grapple looks tough. Nice set up. You will probably wonder how you survived without a grapple after a while. I know I do.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I've been very pleased with the grapple, I think Long has an excellent design and really good build quality. I didn't want to make a post here until I put quite a few hours on it, so I've given it a real workout. I did manage to slightly bend one of the plate tips so the hydraulics are plenty powerful. I noticed every moving joint has zerk fittings which is another plus.

The 64" width is perfect, I didn't want it too wide for maneuvering around trees but wide enough to useful. After doing a bunch of research I decided on the open bottom and that was the right choice. Some smaller stuff will fall through the bottom, I thought about adding more vertical plates but I dropped that idea.

I've used the grapple for a bunch of different chores, it's my most valuable implement by far
    Gizmo2 and Catfishin like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
    Hey all, haven't been on the site lately. Anyway I bought a WR Long OBG2 64' open bottom grapple a couple of months ago and I've now put about 25 hours on the grapple. Wow, wow, wow. And I thought my pallet forks were handy . I always hated trimming my live oaks because it was such a hassle pulling and pushing the brush with the bucket. Tree trimming is now fun 'cause I get use the grapple.

Video here.

I have several still images I'll post later today. I'm a very happy camper with the WR Long grapple. I have their tooth bar and I was impressed with the quality of it and the grapple is very well put together.
    Nice video. Yup...the grapple was my best purchase so far. So, who did the install? Did you use Ag-Pro in Seguin?
    JD 3032E
    D160 Loader
    WR Long 3rd Function Valve
    Titan Ballast Box
    Titan Pallet forks
    Compact Tractor Attachments 50" Grapple
    Gator TX

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeereWimberley View Post
    Nice video. Yup...the grapple was my best purchase so far. So, who did the install? Did you use Ag-Pro in Seguin?
    We're in the Kerrville/Fredericksburg area out in ranch country. Ranchers ATV & Equipment in Kerrville did the install - they were the closest WR Long dealer. Also bought the Long toothbar from them. Ranchers is the local Bobcat dealer. My 4720 was the only green machine in a sea of white equipment :-)
    DeereWimberley likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements