Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: H120 Loader Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks

H120 Loader Question

I have been removing snow with my 1025 and H120 loader and have a question. I do not seem to be able to raise or lower the bucket while simultaneously curling or uncurling the bucket. Also the curl/uncurl movement is quite slow. On my previous tractor (orange), I could do this combined movement and the curl/uncurl was relatively fast and forceful enough to jar packed snow or dirt out of the bucket when dumping. Is the slow and single movement normal, or do I possibly have something wrong with my bucket control? The bucket with Edge Tamers works beautifully for my snow removal efforts on my gravel driveway, just wish the bucket responded to the movement commands quicker.
    2016 1025R, H120 w/53" bucket, 60 MMM, iMatch, RIO override, Rear wheel weights.
    1994 425, 54" MMM
    1976 212, 39" MMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:04 PM
    Thanks
    How much throttle are you using? That is directly correlated to how fast the bucket moves. Also there is only one hydraulic pump on your tractor powering the hydro, power steering, and FEL so your FEL maybe challenges to do two things at once, quickly.
    Marlin, Radsbee and Robnik like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    You can only do one or the other, not both at the same time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Thanks
    I have The H120 on the 1026r . The bucket dumps plenty fast, I can slam/jar it to knock dirt out of it. Doing 2 things at once with it is tricky, and slow. I generally just do one function at time. I may not be the best operator as I seldom use the loader as I have a snow blower for snow removal. I haven't had my loader on the tractor since June.
    636mullet, Marlin, Radsbee and 2 others like this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    The lift/lower + curl/dump limitation seems to be a JD thing. The speed of the dump/curl could be related to your engine speed. The faster the engine RPM the more flow you have. Rev it up to close to 3000 RPM and try it. Wiggling the stick back and forth should jiggle the bucket.
    Radsbee, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Thanks
    If you do a comparison of orange versus green you will see that is one of the functions where they differ. As stated earlier green is one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robnik and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    I can usually lift and curl at the same time or drop and curl at the same time. Maybe mine is just an anomaly but I know it works. Albeit slowly when I do both.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robnik For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (01-16-2018)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Thanks

H120 Loader Question

Rob. Looks like you are correct. I stand corrected but it is not easy to find the sweet spot. My apologies.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...#/topics/15176

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robnik likes this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smalljob For This Useful Post:

Robnik (01-16-2018)

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    OK, seems to be a normal (JD) thing. I will make sure to throttle up when using the loader. I was hoping it was just a "touch" thing with the control that I had not yet developed. No biggee, just have to retrain myself on loader operation to do one function at a time. Thanks all for the replies.
    69project, Radsbee, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025R, H120 w/53" bucket, 60 MMM, iMatch, RIO override, Rear wheel weights.
    1994 425, 54" MMM
    1976 212, 39" MMM

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
    I can usually lift and curl at the same time or drop and curl at the same time. Maybe mine is just an anomaly but I know it works. Albeit slowly when I do both.
    I found the same thing as I highlighted in red in your comment.

Yea, it's kind of a "learned function of compromise" when doing both as it's not necessarily doing either real quickly. I noticed that when moving snow piles which was one of the reasons I was using the top of the loader to flip and roll big piles back and avoiding lifting them and dumping them unless I had no choice.

The flip and roll was much faster as I would start with the bucket tipped down and the top edge of the bucket up against the face of the snow pile about 12" or so above the ground. (I am talking snow piles which were 3' to 6' tall) roll the bucket up towards it's normal operating position while lifting it and driving forward into the pile. Back up and repeat. Then, any pile which was left could be scooped and dumped if necessary. Most time it wasn't necessary...........

It's important to be lifting and rolling forward at the same time while pushing into the pile. I took a video of the process to demonstrate the difference in speed and once I edit it and remove some identifying data, I can post it.

The driving into the pile, lifting it, dumping it and repeating it was driving me nuts because of the loader speed. It was necessity which forced me to try alternatives which when I found this approach to stacking and moving the big snow piles, it has worked well for me..............Like anything, try it carefully and work into it..........

I also found that I tend to plan all of the bucket or plow positioning moves while I am approaching the work area so when I reach the area, I have the loader or plow in the position to immediately start working. Same thing with backing away from the work area, re-position the plow or loader and get it ready to hit the pile ready to work when you reach it.

Plus the more you use the loader control, the much better feel you develop for it and make the operation so much more efficient. Like anything, it takes practice, practice, practice..........Then it becomes a muscle memory and you will be doing the loader operation and not even thinking about it.

Also, make sure to have the engine up to 2800 plus RPM"s for pump speed as others have commented. Otherwise, you can fall asleep waiting for the loader to fully cycle.......Its not THAT bad, it just seems like it.....Tractor's ground speed and loader speed are driven on pump speed, which is controlled by engine RPM.........
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 01-16-2018 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added content
    Robnik, Yank and Rodehard like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast