Question about 60" back blades and build quality
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Question about 60" back blades and build quality

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 01:32 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Question about 60" back blades and build quality

    Is there any manufacturers who make a 60 back blade that is reinforced? I have a frontier RB2060 on a 06 2520 that has "tweaked" after being used for pushing loose dirt and pushing snow at slow speeds. I'm not happy with the build quality of the blade and am looking for a better built blade.
    BigJim55 likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    firemachine69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MOA View Post
    Is there any manufacturers who make a 60 back blade that is reinforced? I have a frontier RB2060 on a 06 2520 that has "tweaked" after being used for pushing loose dirt and pushing snow at slow speeds. I'm not happy with the build quality of the blade and am looking for a better built blade.


    Tweaked, as in twisted and warped? Or dented?
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

    Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

  4. Top | #3
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,321
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MOA View Post
    Is there any manufacturers who make a 60 back blade that is reinforced? I have a frontier RB2060 on a 06 2520 that has "tweaked" after being used for pushing loose dirt and pushing snow at slow speeds. I'm not happy with the build quality of the blade and am looking for a better built blade.
    i can't figure why Frontier's implements are going bad. ur like a line that has bad luck with them.

    u got a pic of damage?

    if i was to buy again-my pick would be for EA-everything attachments. but beware there good stuff kinda has a sticker shock to it. but i believe they build very good implements.
    PJR832 likes this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 01:32 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Tweaked, as in twisted and warped? Or dented?
    twisted

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 01:32 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    i can't figure why Frontier's implements are going bad. ur like a line that has bad luck with them.
    Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say there
    BigJim55 likes this.

  8. Top | #6
    Cutty72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    1,325
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    I really like the ea stuff, and actually cheaper than frontier stuff.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

  9. Top | #7
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,321
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MOA View Post
    Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say there

    well i was trying to say ur not alone with ur Frontier implement breaking. another fella had his rake bend up too.

    i have had mine since 2006, and i wore the first set of tines out on my rake, but the back blade has been a-ok so far.
    1MOA and PJR832 like this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 01:32 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I really like the ea stuff, and actually cheaper than frontier stuff.
    Their blades look well made, they put edge folded to give rigidity and doublers welded on the ends. Yes they are more than the frontier 60" but looks like you would buy it once and never have an issue with it.
    https://www.everythingattachments.co...-xd-sblade.htm
    PJR832 likes this.

  11. Top | #9
    Cutty72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    1,325
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MOA View Post
    Their blades look well made, they put edge folded to give rigidity and doublers welded on the ends. Yes they are more than the frontier 60" but looks like you would buy it once and never have an issue with it.
    https://www.everythingattachments.co...-xd-sblade.htm
    I was saying the ea is cheaper. About $100 from the quote I got on a rb2072 vs the ea 72” 6 way blade. That’s before shipping though.
    And the ea has more options
    PJR832 likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 01:32 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I was saying the ea is cheaper. About $100 from the quote I got on a rb2072 vs the ea 72” 6 way blade. That’s before shipping though.
    And the ea has more options
    Their web page says free shipping with in 1000 miles. Im in VA and they are NC so that is good
    PJR832 and Yank like this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •