Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Blocking Implements

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks

Blocking Implements

Spent a little time placing all my implements up off the ground. I had a bunch of leftover 6x6s. Some of these dont get used much and Im paranoid of rust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8DC4FAC7-8964-4837-A211-0B1D09FD79F5.jpg
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72 rear blade
    Frontier 60 box blade
    Frontier 65 tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60 landplane
    Frontier 42 pallet forks
    Frontier 72 RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOHs bucket hooks
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Thanks
    All my implements are on pallets. Even my pallet forks. Not only does it keep them off the gravel and prevent rust, I can rearrange them easily. I don't have a big enough area to store them all where I can back up to each one if I stored them side by side. I'd love to have some pallet racking to store them vertically, I keep watching CL for something cheap and close.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I would love to do that also. You can see in my picture, I have some stuff to get rid of this spring, leftovers from a kitchen remodel and last years pool. If I can get my building empty, I might be able to arrange them on pallets to where I can back into each one. But, then again, if they are on pallets, you just need pallet forks.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72 rear blade
    Frontier 60 box blade
    Frontier 65 tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60 landplane
    Frontier 42 pallet forks
    Frontier 72 RC 2072
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    I'm a pallet guy for storage also. Pallets are free and easily moved with a set of forks. Commercial shelving off Craig's List would be good.

I needed scaffolding anyhow so I have implements on scaffolding which easily moves around the shop on wheels. Forks are stored in the box blade pallet on the second level. With 4 x 4'" ramps I can quick connect the tiller from the tractor, on or off.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	13-In Place.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	531146
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch HitchN Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Thanks
    Rolling scaffolding would be ideal, but with the size and weight of the implements for my 5055E it would be pretty sketchy. Not even thinkable without concrete flooring, like my building currently is.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    I enjoy these threads about implement storage, but I need to construct the building first.
    However, all of my implements are stored on pallets to keep them off the ground.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Pallets for me also - some under the pavillion/equipment shed and some outside.

Pallets are very hard to come by around here. There is a fairly big pallet rebuilding place in town who pays businesses for them. The only place I can get any are at Tractor Supply - Im allowed to take what I want from the really broken ones by the dumpster. Some arent so bad that I can fix them to work well enough.

Having forks has changed how I do a lot of things.
    etcallhome, keane, Marlin and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have gravel floor in my building, so no rolling anything. I did think about some kind of heavy duty metal shelving connected to my walls. That would leave the middle of my building empty. This building was built by the previous owner for his RV. Nice, high ceiling. Would like to run power to it and concrete the floor. Just need money first. Still looking.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72 rear blade
    Frontier 60 box blade
    Frontier 65 tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60 landplane
    Frontier 42 pallet forks
    Frontier 72 RC 2072
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I enjoy these threads about implement storage, but I need to construct the building first.
    However, all of my implements are stored on pallets to keep them off the ground.
    Indeed! Before I built the shop I stored on pallets covered by a tarp. It worked well except with pasture critters I had my challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    Rolling scaffolding would be ideal, but with the size and weight of the implements for my 5055E it would be pretty sketchy.Not even thinkable without concrete flooring, like my building currently is.
    The scaffolding in the picture is rated at 1100lbs. The tiller and box blade are in the 350lbs each range if I remember correctly. So with larger/heavier implements it would be a DIY project . . . something like 4 x 4" post in concrete with 2 x 4" cross members and bolted to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    All my implements are on pallets. Even my pallet forks. Not only does it keep them off the gravel and prevent rust, I can rearrange them easily. I don't have a big enough area to store them all where I can back up to each one if I stored them side by side. I'd love to have some pallet racking to store them vertically, I keep watching CL for something cheap and close.

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Pallets for me also - some under the pavillion/equipment shed and some outside.

Pallets are very hard to come by around here. There is a fairly big pallet rebuilding place in town who pays businesses for them. The only place I can get any are at Tractor Supply - Im allowed to take what I want from the really broken ones by the dumpster. Some arent so bad that I can fix them to work well enough.

Having forks has changed how I do a lot of things.
    I get a good pallet with every ton of livestock feed and wood pellets. Probably 8 to ten per year. Next time I go for feed I'm taking a load back and see if I can get a $2 - $3 dollar credit for each one as the supplier has to buy them anyhow. "Having forks has changed how I do a lot of things." . . . absolutely , I love having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I have gravel floor in my building, so no rolling anything. I did think about some kind of heavy duty metal shelving connected to my walls. That would leave the middle of my building empty. This building was built by the previous owner for his RV. Nice, high ceiling. Would like to run power to it and concrete the floor. Just need money first. Still looking.
    Power, concrete floor . . . heaven sent. And a radiant heater. . . . I just need a recliner and a big screen TV on the wall.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch HitchN Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    Cement floor would be nice Yank. I have a 24X35 for my accessories now and a 2 car attached garage that I have my 2 tractors in. But next summer when I retire we are giving up a rented storage shed and moma wants to bring the vette home so next winter one of the tractors will end up in the unheated 24X35. Such is life.
    keane, Marlin, Robnik and 2 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast