Is there a new front mount blower for the 1 series?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Is there a new front mount blower for the 1 series?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-26-2019 @ 07:37 PM
    Thanks

Is there a new front mount blower for the 1 series?

So I was doing my usual YouTube searches for tractor stuff and came across this.

https://youtu.be/hnaWE4HX5w4

Looks interesting although it is really stacking the snow up in front of it. Can’t tell if it’s going through deeper snow at the same pace as the other one as that’s creating that or not. Just thought I’d share dosent look to be homemade but I can’t find anything online about it either.
    2013 JD X500 HDAPS, 48", 7 BU Power Flow Sold
    2017 JD X570 48”
    2016 JD 1025R, 54" MMM, H120 FEL, Imatch, KBOGH, Kens Extended Quick Hitch Hook,Ken's 6" Step, and various others,Piranha Bar, JD 18 CART, JD Broadcast Spreader, King Kutter 48" Rototiller, Compact Tractor Attachments 60” Loader Mounted Plow,Artillian Diverter Kit, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Hitch, 12 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Land Pride BB1254 Box Scraper (Blade), Land Pride CA1548 Aerator, Titan UA 42” Pallet Forks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter83 View Post
    So I was doing my usual YouTube searches for tractor stuff and came across this.

https://youtu.be/hnaWE4HX5w4

Looks interesting although it is really stacking the snow up in front of it. Can’t tell if it’s going through deeper snow at the same pace as the other one as that’s creating that or not. Just thought I’d share dosent look to be homemade but I can’t find anything online about it either.

The Youtube description states it's a Frontier attachment.
    etcallhome likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    The Youtube description states it's a Frontier attachment.
    I saw that as well and looked on the dealer page as well and looked at the brochure and did not find it in there. I have seen front 3 point attachments for the front end so maybe it’s just the SB1154 with some type of kit.
    2017 JD X570 48”
    2016 JD 1025R, 54" MMM, H120 FEL, Imatch, KBOGH, Kens Extended Quick Hitch Hook,Ken's 6" Step, and various others,Piranha Bar, JD 18 CART, JD Broadcast Spreader, King Kutter 48" Rototiller, Compact Tractor Attachments 60” Loader Mounted Plow,Artillian Diverter Kit, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Hitch, 12 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Land Pride BB1254 Box Scraper (Blade), Land Pride CA1548 Aerator, Titan UA 42” Pallet Forks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    I saw that as well and looked on the dealer page as well and looked at the brochure and did not find it in there. I have seen front 3 point attachments for the front end so maybe it’s just the SB1154 with some type of kit.
    No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall). They are describing it as "light commercial" yet it is clear from the video that the "yellow" blower is going a much better job of digesting the snow. The yellow blower even had to stop to let the green one catch up. :-)

It's clear the video is meant to be a teaser as there is so much more they could have shown us. I mean, they didn't even provide the model number.

Should be interesting to see if it has a steel impeller.

Also note... this video is from CANADA.
    Last edited by jgayman; 01-21-2018 at 08:30 AM.
    etcallhome and TJR345 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall). They are describing it as "light commercial" yet it is clear from the video that the "yellow" blower is going a much better job of digesting the snow. The yellow blower even had to stop to let the green one catch up. :-)

It's clear the video is meant to be a teaser as there is so much more they could have shown us. I mean, they didn't even provide the model number.

Should be interesting to see if it has a steel impeller.

Also note... this video is from CANADA.
    The dimensions appear identical on the Frontier right down to the drift cutter height.
    Looks like the “Box” that covers the controls for the chute “side to side” on the JD is not on the Frontier so it has a different mechanism likely.
    I would say it definitely has a metal impeller by the throwing performance difference.
    I slowed the video down near the end and it looks like the quick hitch is being used as well.

You are right about Canada....the dealer mentioned in the notes is Green Diamond and the video looks like it was taken in Nova Scotia.
    GD is where I bought mine in Nova Scotia. I have to drop by the dealer in the near future and will ask my guy if no further information shows up here.

Very interesting development though.....always good to have a variety of options for our tractors.
    2017 1025R TLB, Tektite cab, Edge tamers, JD 54" QH snowblower, JD 54” QH Snow blade, iMatch quick hitch, HLA 42" pallet forks, Bxpanded thumb/quick connect/ripper hook/trencher bucket/backhoe receiver hitch/toothbar. Ken’s hooks, diff. lock foot plate, seat springs and twin backhoe foot pegs. Extra set of rims with Turfs
    2016 D160, Bagger, JD tow spreader, 17P cart, JD tow Thatcherator, JD tow Aerator

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    The dimensions appear identical on the Frontier right down to the drift cutter height.
    You could be right. At first glance it looked to be the same height as the yellow blower.

Looks like the “Box” that covers the controls for the chute “side to side” on the JD is not on the Frontier so it has a different mechanism likely.
    That would be huge plus all by itself as the hydraulic cylinder, cables and pulleys system used to turn the chute on the yellow 54" is an outright abomination.

I would say it definitely has a metal impeller by the throwing performance difference.
    Think you are right.

I slowed the video down near the end and it looks like the quick hitch is being used as well.
    Do you mean the front quick hitch (aka Quicktach) ?

You are right about Canada....the dealer mentioned in the notes is Green Diamond and the video looks like it was taken in Nova Scotia.
    GD is where I bought mine in Nova Scotia. I have to drop by the dealer in the near future and will ask my guy if no further information shows up here.
    Yeah, that's what I found when I tried to look up GD. I also saw that he had other videos from N.S.

If you get a chance to drop by the dealer please take lots of detailed photos and share them with us! :-)
    Last edited by jgayman; 01-21-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    etcallhome likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall).
    I agree. They claim it's an SB1154 but the main housing on the 54" front blower is 20" tall. The main housing on a SB1154 is 26" so the height difference should be easily discernible. Yet the two blowers they show are pretty much identical in height.
    etcallhome likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post

Very interesting development though.....always good to have a variety of options for our tractors.

While looking earlier on in the day on their website I noted a few dealerships that were sorta close to Maine... now given a whole bunch of factors maybe I might be taking a trip up north!
    If you do find out anything in the future please let us know. Pictures also if possible. Thank you
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    2017 JD X570 48”

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks
    While looking earlier on in the day on their website I noted a few dealerships that were sorta close to Maine... now given a whole bunch of factors maybe I might be taking a trip up north!
    If you do find out anything in the future please let us know. Pictures also if possible. Thank you
    Just be aware that the closest dealer to Massachusetts is in Woodstock, NB. That's 310 miles North of Kittery, Maine up I95.

I see that they have taken over the Toner dealership in Grand Falls, NB.

Dave
    1990 955
    Curtis Cab
    Model 59 2 stage snowblower
    72" mid mount mower
    Model 70A loader with Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders

1990 420 repowered with V Twin Honda
    Cozy Cab
    Model 47 2 stage snowblower
    60" mid mount mower
    3 bag Material Collection System

1939 Oliver Row Crop 70

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Manager View Post
    Just be aware that the closest dealer to Massachusetts is in Woodstock, NB. That's 310 miles North of Kittery, Maine up I95.

I see that they have taken over the Toner dealership in Grand Falls, NB.

Dave

Thanks, I’m actually lucky enough to have three days off during a week so I could take mini vacations. Plus I just did a google maps drive and it is actually shorter than my drive to the beach house. So maybe I’ll take the wife for a vacation. Now to find things to do and see up there. But I’m putting the cart way ahead of the horse here.
    2017 JD X570 48”

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast