• 4 Post By PJR832
  • 4 Post By Bill2455

Thread: Snowplow progress pics

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 03:24 PM
    Thanks

Snowplow progress pics

I'm building a snowplow from scratch for my 2320 FEL. This is my first attempt at uploading pics so I'll try to upload one pic before I continue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180114_163620.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    The plow and pic upload are looking good so far!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Looks good so far, let’s see some action photos
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

Ok it works

Great I can post pics.

So I'm building a snowplow from scratch for my 2320 FEL. I had everything so far except the blade in my scrap pile. I traded some work on their equipment with a machine shop owner friend of mine for the step bent blade. total investment so far $0. I will hook it up to the hydraulics eventually but for now it will be manual swivel and pin.

I'm making it quick attach. I also want to build other quick attach gear for the FEL like forks etc and only wanted to build the quick attach frame once so the blade swivel attachment for the blade clamps to the 3 inch tube with 1/2 inch bolts. In the spring I can unclamp it from the frame and other equipment can attach to it.

I have more work to complete it but this was the first fitup last weekend. I'll post more pics as it progresses. One of my dilemmas is should I paint the blade yellow or green ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180114_163639.jpg   20180114_163539.jpg   20180114_163532.jpg   20180114_163656.jpg  

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Very nice work. Sure beats the heck out of my homemade plow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails homemade snow plow.jpg  

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,547 Times in 1,635 Posts
    Looking good so far.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 11:22 AM
    Thanks
    Nice job and like your tube mount just a suggestion from when I built mine of a somewhat similar design I had a problem with when the blade was angled it would try to push my mount on the tube. I ended up drilling it and putting in quick pins/spring pins. Again just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, greenharley and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2455 View Post
    Great I can post pics.

So I'm building a snowplow from scratch for my 2320 FEL. I had everything so far except the blade in my scrap pile. I traded some work on their equipment with a machine shop owner friend of mine for the step bent blade. total investment so far $0. I will hook it up to the hydraulics eventually but for now it will be manual swivel and pin.

I'm making it quick attach. I also want to build other quick attach gear for the FEL like forks etc and only wanted to build the quick attach frame once so the blade swivel attachment for the blade clamps to the 3 inch tube with 1/2 inch bolts. In the spring I can unclamp it from the frame and other equipment can attach to it.

I have more work to complete it but this was the first fitup last weekend. I'll post more pics as it progresses. One of my dilemmas is should I paint the blade yellow or green ?
    One more suggestion if you don't mind. You will want to make that blade spring loaded to tip should you encounter something that will want to catch and stop that blade abruptly, especially being a FEL mount so you don't damage you FEL. So far it looks great, I really admire guys with know how and ability to build things like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

re

Thanks for the suggestions they are appreciated and welcomed. This will be the 5th plow set I've made. First one I made was with my father, it was kinda cool. It was a single 3x6 tube that mounted to an old small tractor dad had. we made plates to bolt mid span of the body that the tube (with plow mounted on front) pivoted on and used the down pressure of the rear 3ph to raise and lower the blade. others for a bolens G174 and a couple of ATV plows. learned from each one. This one needs to last a life time.

I'm having trouble finding the spring style and tension I want in the price range I'm willing to pay (next to nothing) so I'm going to put a shear pin for now on each side of the swivel attachment. I have a lathe so I'll turn down most of the threaded portion of some grade 2, 3/8 bolts so the sheared potion has no threads. when it shears off it will just fall inside the tube and I can just back out the bolt and put in another. I will put a pin in the mount so it doesn't slide as well, thanks.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements