Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: MCS 20 for the 1025r

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Thanks

MCS 20 for the 1025r

I am seriously considering the MCS 20 in the spring. Does it require the installation of the independent lift system for the mower deck? Or can it operate with the mower deck being attached to the traditional 3pt lift system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartazoo View Post
    I am seriously considering the MCS 20 in the spring. Does it require the installation of the independent lift system for the mower deck? Or can it operate with the mower deck being attached to the traditional 3pt lift system?
    The MCS20 mounts on the 3pt arms. Technically you don't need the independent lift as long as you don't have a problem with the MCS20 going up and down every time you raise and lower your mower deck.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks
    MCS 20 uses a electric dump feature Just set You depth stop On the lift lever so Your 3point wont Move.
    https://superior-tech.com/material-c...n-systems.html

Though the Independent lift it is well worth it on the 1025R
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TJR345 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Thanks
    Good question. I have the Independent Lift, so I don't have any direct experience. As Chessetrain stated, the MCS20 will travel up/down with the mower deck, which shouldn't be an issue.

If the deck will lower to the mowing height without the MCS20 dropping too low, you could utilized the depth stop that is in the 3pt lever traveling slot to prevent the MCS20 from dropping any lower once the mower deck is at the cutting height, as Sergeant alluded to. If the MCS20 is too low at mowing height, there is a heavy, slotted, link arm that connects the mower deck rockshaft to the 3-point rockshaft. It's length is adjustable. So if the MCS20 is dropping too low when the deck is at cutting height, you may be able to adjust this link to yield a higher MCS20 position when at mowing height.
    Last edited by martincom; 01-25-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-02-2018 @ 01:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for your interest in our Material Collection System! We designed this MCS to work with both the standard and independent 3-point lift systems. When you lower the 3-point arms with the standard system on a 1025R, there's sufficient travel/distance between when the deck goes down and when the MCS does, too. In other words, the bottom portion of the 3-point lever controls the 3-point arms while the top end will control both the 3-point arms and the mower deck. With adjustments to the the Mower Deck Control Knob and setting the stop on the lever's slot where the deck stops, you'll have no trouble.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call at 888-867-2238.
    ColonyPark likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Thanks
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but why not click'n'go for the 1R series? Just remove the three point arms, and the mechanical lift linkage will still work from the rockshaft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    '11 1026R

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but why not click'n'go for the 1R series? Just remove the three point arms, and the mechanical lift linkage will still work from the rockshaft.

My understanding is the click'n'go is a 3 bag MCS the MCS 20 is a hopper which you can dump from the seat. I considered replacing my X585 with a 1025R but the only collection system available at the time was a 3 bag hopper unless I went aftermarket. If I went aftermarket I couldn't roll it into 0% for 60mo. I dump my leaves and clippings in a compost pile so going from the cart on my X585 to a 3 bag hopper slows down dumping. It is find if you are transporting offsite but for me it adds work. I wanted a dump from seat collection system. So in my case I ended up keeping the X585 for the FEL and snow removal. Then went with a Z950R with the Dump From Seat MCS.

If you are asking from the perspective of why Superior Tech made it to work with a 3pt hitch vs the click and go. Well, look at it form their perspective. They originally designed and built this looking for the largest compatibility. John Deere's click and go is only on their machine. 3pt hitches are available on just about anything.

Had this been available about a year earlier it would have been a harder decision on if I would have traded in the X585 on a 1 series or gone the way I did. When I bought the only thing that made sense was the X585 and Z950R.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Thanks
    The attached pdf says MCS 20 works with X700 via click'N'go. Why can't a guy get a click'N'go setup for a 1R family tractor? Thanks for sharing your cart, 585, FEL, and Z950 setup though. It sounds like a more elegant solution than a simple leaf collection hopper added to tractor I already have.

'11 1026R

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    The attached pdf says MCS 20 works with X700 via click'N'go. Why can't a guy get a click'N'go setup for a 1R family tractor? Thanks for sharing your cart, 585, FEL, and Z950 setup though. It sounds like a more elegant solution than a simple leaf collection hopper added to tractor I already have.

Ahh. I see what you are saying. I didn't know they had fitted it to the X7xx machines. A while back I was at my dealer and saw a MCS 20 on the floor but they didn't have any 1 series in stock to have it mounted to anything. The X7xx might be a newer option.

For me a big factor is I use the FEL for moving my compost pile and push back the leaves as I am collecting them. Never ran a 1 series but I would imagine it has the same issues as a X585 with a FEL. It adds too much out front of the machine to get around the trees and raises the CG too much for safely cutting across a hill like going down the ditch. While it doesn't take long to hook up or remove a FEL, it still is extra steps. Ultimately had the MCS 20 been available when was shopping and ended up with my Z950R, I would have had a harder decision but if I really looked at it hard, I would have likely made the same choice. Though the MCS 20 has a bit more capacity and the electric dump would be nice. It was too much more to step up to the Z997 in order to get that.

If it were me and I had a 1025R and was looking at adding a MCS. I would add the independent lift. More so because I find it frustrating at times to have the mower deck height tied to the 3pt in the cases where I have the deck on the X585 and something on the 3pt. It is worse on my machine because the dump on my FEL is also tied to the same control unless I lock out the deck and or 3pt.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks

Problem is you could Probably Modify something on the 1 series so the Top Brackets of a click N go could fit but the Bottom of the attachment wouldn't reach The Pins it has to rest On There would be a lot needed Just to get the Click n Go bracket On the Machine I have Both a 1 series and a X748. My X748 has Click N Go Brackets On it which Mounts On the outside of the 3 point Rocker shaft. The 1 series & the X465 thru X758 are Just Not the same In the Rear end

Here is what I use On My X748 a MC 519 Cart & Power flow. But My Cart has Hydraulic dump Like these Pictured Below(picture are Not of My Tractor But the Place That designed the Kit)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $(KGrHqIOKosE5kyetN8tBOePS6)oug~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqYOKk!E5EZLEcrGBOePLBo8-!~~60_57.jpg  
    Last edited by Sergeant; 01-29-2018 at 05:14 AM.
    ColonyPark and TJR345 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast