RB5060L electric Angle actuator mod?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: RB5060L electric Angle actuator mod?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-27-2019 @ 08:48 PM
    Thanks

RB5060L electric Angle actuator mod?

After using my rear blade for this Winter cleanup (hope itís over) I found I spent a lot of time on and off the tractor changing the angle to stop making numerous circles around my egg shaped driveway. I pull it from the sides and use my blower to blow it out of the drive. Really works great as I can be in high gear plowing and Low to blow it off.

I donít really want to add the expense of remote rear hyd for the tractor and again the added expense for a hyd cylinder for the blade. I was looking at electric actuators that are 12Volt DC and can push/pull up to 100-500 lbs. (various models and strokes are available) As the blade angle change wouldnít be even close to that. Has anyone done this??

I use one for my blower chute (up and down control) now and it works great, a bit slow, but who cares (.5 inches a sec.) Works to throw the snow low to the ground to stop the wind blowing it back in my face when it canít make its mind up which direction it wants to blow. (You know the drill)
    If Your Not Living on the Edge, Your Taking Up Too Much Space

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Although I've never seen it done I assume it would be possible. You would need a very heavy duty actuator with at least 12-14 inches of travel. I'm basing this on the travel on my blade's cylinder. The actual travel will depend on the design of your blade's turn table.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,137 Times in 2,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Bottom View Post
    ...I was looking at electric actuators that are 12Volt DC and can push/pull up to 100-500 lbs. (various models and strokes are available) As the blade angle change wouldnít be even close to that.
    You are correct in that just changing the angle a the blade does not take much force, but the actuator needs to be be able to hold that blade while using it. I'm no good at math, but imagine how much force the cylinder/actuator sees when the tip of the blade is pushed-especially an mobile object like a rock or curb.
    Bumper likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements