Green Tractor Talk banner

Lawn Aerator

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  keane 
#1 ·
Hello from New Hampshire. Purchased a 2017 2032r last fall with loader and 60 inch command cut mower deck. I have been very impressed with the tractor so far and with the little snow we have had glad I didn't invest in the 59 inch snowblower. Looking towards spring and purchasing a 3pt hitch aerator. Considering an EA 48 inch independent wheel alternating tine unit. Looking for your thoughts if the 2032 will have trouble pulling this 877 pound unit? Any feedback on EA? Any experience with Frontiers aerator? Thanks

#2 ·
I have the 48" EA drum style aerator that I use on my 1025R. This aerator weighs 520#. With the 1025R, I put suitcase weights on my Heavy Hitch front weight bar. When using this aerator, I have put two solid concrete blocks on top to add weight. It takes allot of weight to sink an aerator into the ground. Of course the more tines you have, the more weight it takes to sink them in.

Concerning EA, I had a good experience with the ordering and delivery. Not a problem.

The quality is good on the EA. I did have to spread the top link connection point to get the quick hitch bushings in place. Apparently, when they weld the top link frame in place, the side places drew together.

The only thing I will improve when I get a chance is the aerator stands. They are functional but a little to wobbly for my liking. The aerator itself is solid.

When I bought mine, I was going back and forth between the independent wheel unit and the solid drum unit. I finally settled on the solid drum unit, mostly because of the weight.

I wouldn't think a 2032 will have trouble pulling the aerator. You may need front ballast to enable lifting the aerator and to keep the front of the tractor planted.

Attachments

#3 ·
I bought the type of aerator you are interested in from EA. I'm very pleased with the EA aerator and with the company in general. They are good people to do business with, very responsive whatever or whenever you contact them. I'm about to make another purchase from them.

I wrote a detailed post about my experience with this aerator. POST LINK HERE. This post is in a thread about aerators. You may want to check out the rest of the thread as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.