• 3 Post By MowJoe
  • 1 Post By sennister

Thread: Land Shark Box Blade?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-03-2019 @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks

Land Shark Box Blade?

I've been looking at box blades what seems like forever. After reading a ton of posts I really like the 54". So my question is has anyone used the Land Shark BB https://www.everythingattachments.co...-bb-ea-5.0.htm. What are your thoughts and concerns?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    I purchased one for my 1025r last fall and used it once on a long driveway. It did a great job, taxed the 1025r a little with a full box but she kept rolling in 4 wheel drive and low gear. I recently sold it though to purchase a land plane in place of it. The land shark box blade is a quality made item though and if you don’t want to pull a Kubota orange attachment they will gladly change the color to caterpillar yellow if you request it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, PJR832 and Scott1025R like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    No experience with this one but one thing to throw out there as a general comment. I didn't look to see if you have an iMatch or any other 3pt quick hitch. If you are putting on something like this and taking it off a quick hitch is nice. This one looks like it has some adjustability to it for that connection so keep that in mind that there isn't a set spacing between the bottom hooks and top hook on an iMatch vs other quick hitches so sometimes things need to be adjusted. Some quick hitches have adjustable to hooks others don't. If you have a couple 3pt attachments I would try and adjust things so they are all close enough that you can just leave them alone from that point on and just pick them up. Sometimes you can find a happy medium where everything will work.
    Scott1025R likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

DWHOT (03-08-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    02-03-2019 @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MowJoe View Post
    I purchased one for my 1025r last fall and used it once on a long driveway. It did a great job, taxed the 1025r a little with a full box but she kept rolling in 4 wheel drive and low gear. I recently sold it though to purchase a land plane in place of it. The land shark box blade is a quality made item though and if you don’t want to pull a Kubota orange attachment they will gladly change the color to caterpillar yellow if you request it.

Thanks I was going to have it powder coated JD green lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    No experience with this one but one thing to throw out there as a general comment. I didn't look to see if you have an iMatch or any other 3pt quick hitch. If you are putting on something like this and taking it off a quick hitch is nice. This one looks like it has some adjustability to it for that connection so keep that in mind that there isn't a set spacing between the bottom hooks and top hook on an iMatch vs other quick hitches so sometimes things need to be adjusted. Some quick hitches have adjustable to hooks others don't. If you have a couple 3pt attachments I would try and adjust things so they are all close enough that you can just leave them alone from that point on and just pick them up. Sometimes you can find a happy medium where everything will work.
    I appreciate the heads up!! This will be my first rear attachment and no quick hitch yet. Which one (quick hitch) would you suggest?

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1025R View Post

I appreciate the heads up!! This will be my first rear attachment and no quick hitch yet. Which one (quick hitch) would you suggest?
    iMatch is nice I guess but I don't have one. I am too cheap I guess and went with the Harbor Freight one. That said I had to do some modifications to my HF one. Mainly the top hook was too high for that happy medium between my box blade and Heavy Hitch. Then there was an issue with the way they had the bolts set up to mount it where there was interference with the Heavy Hitch so I had to make a pin that I welded in place and now my top hook isn't adjustable.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-poin...nce-97214.html

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    I too went the route sennister did and got the cheaper HF QH. I modified it also, I drilled holes in the ends of the bolts so they could be secured with pins for quick access in and out. I changed the top hook because like sennister said, they are too fat. Even after purchasing a new hook I still had less in it than purchasing another brand.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements