• 1 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By Town Manager

Thread: Snowblower chute adjustment

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-18-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks

Snowblower chute adjustment

Getting my 59 inch front mount snowblower cleaned up and ready for storage and noticed when turning the chute to the left the tractor labors a bit and it goes significantly slower than when turning to the right. Noticed a lot of oil and dirt on the cylinder but cant see any leaks after cleaning it up. Moves freely by hand so it's got to be hydraulics, anyone have any ideas ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Sorry didn't realize I was in wrong section. First time posting

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,342 Times in 2,611 Posts
    No worries my friend. It’s what we do, we got your back.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I think this is typical to some extent but others can wieght in. The one on my 400 also turns slower one direction than the other and it labors a little bit. This winter I redid the blower and if yours has the cable and pulley set up the bushings for the cable probably could be getting tight or dry but it really was not much different after I did it. If yours is jerking as it turns then that is typically what it is.

The best I can figure for the speed change is you have a hydraulic cylinder with a rod in it. On the end that the rod doesn’t come out you have a big bore pushing against the back of the piston. If you add 2cc’s of oil it will move a certain distance. At the end with the rod coming out of it if you had 2cc of oil it will go further because the volume of oil that it can hold on that end is less because of the rod. Since these tractors have limited flow we will say flow remains constant or the max the tractor can do. Since flow is the same moving further on the rod end also means faster.

On most larger tractors this is not an issue because they have plenty of flow. One thing though that remains constant is the lbs of push of a cylinder is always more because there is more square inches of surface to push against on the piston end without the rod.
    Last edited by Herminator; 03-10-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Thanks
    Try reversing the cylinder lines at the couplers and see if the problem remains with the same direction or reverses as well. This will tell us which side of the couplers the problem is on. Next, you may want to try reversing the lines at the cylinder itself and see if the problem remains with the same direction or reverses. This will tell us if the problem is within the line couplers or the cylinder.
    wildbranch2007 and Herminator like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    This is a classic "regen" problem, read this thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-here-%3B.html

If I knew what tractor you had I might be able to make specific recommendations, but generally I would suggest you try not pushing the joystick so for to the right.
    Herminator likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

martincom (03-10-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Wow thanks for all the quick responses everyone! I'm going to try everyone's suggestions as soon as I get home. The model is a 13' 3520. The only reason I'm thinking it's not the regen is because it just started doing it a couple weeks ago for the first time. Its always been about the same speed in both directions until then. I will lube the pulleys and try switching lines around in a couple hours. Thanks again!!

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Punger66 View Post
    Wow thanks for all the quick responses everyone! I'm going to try everyone's suggestions as soon as I get home. The model is a 13' 3520. The only reason I'm thinking it's not the regen is because it just started doing it a couple weeks ago for the first time. Its always been about the same speed in both directions until then. I will lube the pulleys and try switching lines around in a couple hours. Thanks again!!
    Definitely try swapping the hoses first. With the power that hydraulic cylinder has a few sticky pulleys isn't going to slow it down. Any binding in the cable/pully system will likely result in something bent or broken.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks
    I would recommend easy first. Remove the black plastic cover over the pulleys, and make sure that the cable hasn't jumped a pulley. If it has, it's a fairly simple fix to loosen the cable and reroute the cables.

Dave
    wildbranch2007 likes this.
    1990 955
    Curtis Cab
    Model 59 2 stage snowblower
    72" mid mount mower
    Model 70A loader with Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders

1990 420 repowered with V Twin Honda
    Cozy Cab
    Model 47 2 stage snowblower
    60" mid mount mower
    3 bag Material Collection System