I've been reading through the posts about box blades, and it seems there are a lot of opinions on what size, brand, etc. I've seen a bit about land planes and tillers as well. Here's what I need to do:
- Regrade dirt around the foundation of my house to fix water drainage issues.
- Smooth out a slightly rolling 1.5 acres of cleared land. There are a lot of tree roots, saplings, and brush to contend with.
- Maintain a 3" base gravel driveway that is about 500ft long.
- Till an area for a small garden.
Here's what I'm thinking to do:
- Buy and use a King Kutter 48" tiller for the garden area AND to till/break up the soil in the 1.5 acres.
- Buy and use a Everything Attachments 54" box blade to go over the tilled land to level it, do the dirt grading, and maintain the driveway.
Seem like a good plan, or are there better ways to skin this cat? I'm in MO, and my soil is clay only about a foot down or so. Top soil is pretty soft in most spots. I am still pretty new to cleaning up land and using my 1025R to do it. As always, thanks for all the input!
Oh, and I'm having a hard time finding a definite answer on if both of these attachments are JD iMatch compatible. Also, I read on one post, but lost where I found it, where there was some sort of hydraulic top link for the 3 point? Should I get one of these, and who was the vendor that has it? Is it the Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt kit?