• 6 Post By Bobbybats
  • 1 Post By Drifterbike

Thread: Carry all with improvements for 1026r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 08:06 AM
    Thanks

Carry all with improvements for 1026r

I found a deal on Craigs list for a north star sprayer and TSC brand carry all for $100. Snatched it up. $50 carry all nice. But then I had to go and make it better....

I wanted an imatch quick hitch and figured if I was going to start improving this carry all I better get one to make sure everything lines up while fabricating. I got a nice deal on an imatch but still I think these are expensive. Gotta pay to play I guess.

I soon found out the TSC brand carry all's really are not quick hitch compatible. The top link jammed when trying to hitch up. Plus the lift pins would be too close to the decking requiring a cut out or extending the pins out. In the end it ok its not quick hitch compatible. I was not satisfied with the max height the deck would lift to anyway. Limited cat 1 three point on the 1026r is to blame. So I welded in a 3x3x1/4" cross tube for the top link about 9" lower than stock. I used 3/8" plate to extend the pin out away from the carry all. Did the same for the lower pins. With my top link screwed in all the way on my imatch the back of the carry all is 32" off the ground. Pretty close to the height of my truck tail gate. Should make loading and unloading snowblowers etc easier.

Next I added a 3x3x 1/4" cross member on the back. Welded in a 2" reciever hitch with grab hook on top. Made stake pockets for 2x4's. Weleded up a draw bar that will slip in the reciever to pull the old 80 cart around.

Found some PT 2x6's in the cull pile at the hardware store. I wanted to be able to strap stuff down but didn't want eye hooks in the way all the time. Decided to space the boards 3/4" apart and insert a rod for bungie and straps to attach to. I used 16D galvinised spokes/nails. Worked out nice. Bolted the boards down with 3/8" carriage bolts. Had to paint the tops green.

Used 18" long x 2-1/2" pvc conduit for rake, shovel, etc holders. I extended the PT decking back so the rake handles won't fall below the carry all.

I like how it came out. The 2x4's in the stake pockets should make a nice holder for tree branches.....until I can get a grapple :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2550.jpg   IMG_2551.jpg   IMG_2552.jpg   IMG_2554.jpg   IMG_2555.jpg  

IMG_2558.jpg   IMG_2548.jpg  
    mjncad, Gizmo2, fdmars and 7 others like this.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks

How to add the dowels/framing spikes

Mark and drill out your holes for where you want the nails to go. Hammer them in as normal. Cut the head off. Line up holes with nails on the other board. You will have to bang the nails left right up down to line up. Start from one side and work your way to the other. I used pieces of 3/4 plywood to get my spacing of the boards correct. Alternativley you could use a piece of round stock and just drill all the way through the 2x6 then pound the round bar through like a nail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2544.jpg  
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Bubber and 3 others like this.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice and well thought out.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Drifterbike.

I have not seen the nail tie down point thing done on a carry all before. Seems to work well but time will tell if it will hold up in the long run. I think it will.

So far the only change would be to use 3" PVC. My tree saw/pruner won't fit in 2.5" conduit because of the plush handle grip material. Dohh!
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements