• 1 Post By RetiredDoc
  • 3 Post By Spartazoo

Thread: Which 3 point sprayer?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks

Which 3 point sprayer?

I am shopping for a larger sprayer to run behind my tractor. I currently use a 16 gallon, boomless sprayer, on the back of my ATV. It isn’t big enough. The constant refills are annoying although it does a great job and has had no issues in the 4-5 years I’ve owned it.

I’m thinking a 60 gallon sprayer would be sufficient for my needs. I’m leaning towards the PTO driven pump rather than an electric pump. The cost difference is about $300. I can’t decide on a boom or boomless setup.

Tractor supply sells the Fimco boom version for $899 and boomless for $849. Neither are stock items and require a special order. Both come with a one year warranty.

John Deere sells a boomless for about $1300. It comes with a two year warranty. I like the thought of going to any dealer for parts if needed and double the warranty. Quite a price increase though.

Everything Attachments has a boom version for $1175. Theirs is 55 gallon. I don’t think five gallons is a deal breaker.

Can anyone that owns/uses a sprayer weigh in on the boom Vs boomless and electric vs pto driven? I’d appreciate a little insight before I spend this kind of money.
    Herminator likes this.
    3038E
    RC2060 mower
    Titan pallet forks
    Howse box blade
    Fertilizer Spreader
    Ballast box
    I-Match quick hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    It seems a lot of us have this Fimco, http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...o-sprayer.html

I can't compare to PTO vs electric or boomless to boom too much, but my thoughts when I bought my Fimco were for the price I don't mind the electric pump. I also looked at boomless but thought I would rather have the boom so I could get a better idea of where the spray is, with the boomless I was afraid I might overspray on stuff that I don't want to hit. But in the end it depends on the area a guy is working in and how much area too. I only spray about 1/2 acre once a year so this one is great for me.
    Robnik and Herminator like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks
    I have a TSC Fimco with booms-- Electric pump. Works well on my 3038e.

I upgraded the hand spray setup to a tee jet curved brass spray gun with head. I'm also changing out the plastic boom spray nozzles with brass tee jet units for better pattern control.

I'm happy with the unit and the price at TSC. I considered the PTO unit at TSC and may go that route-- but trying to order it from my local TSC was going to be a hassle-- so I bought the unit they had in stock.

I spray mostly Round Up and Transline and it does a good job.

-Matt
    Herminator likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I bought a Fimco from TSC yesterday. It’s missing the boom and nozzles so I’ll be ordering those. It was the only one left in stock and I drove an hour and a half to get it. Price was worth it.

I was surprised to learn the sprayer was considered a seasonal item and they couldn’t order one for me.

I’ll have to search the brass nozzles. Sounds like a worth while investment especially considering I have none currently.
    Last edited by 1oldtruck; 04-03-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    3038E
    RC2060 mower
    Titan pallet forks
    Howse box blade
    Fertilizer Spreader
    Ballast box
    I-Match quick hitch

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldtruck View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I bought a Fimco from TSC yesterday. Itís missing the boom and nozzles so Iíll be ordering those. It was the only one left in stock and I drove an hour and a half to get it. Price was worth it.

I was surprised to learn the sprayer was considered a seasonal item and they couldnít order one for me.

Iíll have to search the brass nozzles. Sounds like a worth while investment especially considering I have none currently.
    It's too bad that you are located so far from your TSC store. I'm fortunate to have 5 of them closer to me than you are to yours. I have a smaller Fimco boom sprayer, and my nearest TSC seems to always have a large stock of Fimco parts.

Hope they discounted your sprayer to compensate for the missing parts.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 AM
    Thanks
    You will like the Fimco just fine.

I have the Fimco 40 gallon electric pump 3pt sprayer I use with my 1025r. It has a 10' boom. I would not consider it a heavy agricultural model, but it does a great job for me as a homeowner who sprays my lawn 2-3 times per year. I also have a 3pt broadcast spreader for fertilizer. Both help me maintain a pretty nice lawn for my kids to play on.

I grew up with a crappy yard... I told myself from the time I was a kid, when I grew up, I would have the lawn everyone else wanted. LOL

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements