• 3 Post By bsprtsgrp
  • 1 Post By Ray_PA

Thread: 52 Broom Angle Kit Problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-19-2019 @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks

52 Broom Angle Kit Problem

So I took my snowblower off today and pulled up the street markers anticipating that the snow has indeed ended for the season. I removed the black & yellow hydraulic lines for the chute control and installed the black & yellow broom angle kit (LVB26108) hydraulic lines in their place. I then removed the locking pin from the center of the Quick-hitch that prevents the snowblower from angling. I then lifted the quick-hitch and then tried angling the hitch from left to right and right to left (to make sire it worked) but the hitch but does not move left to right and right to left. It's like it's stuck. The Broom and Angle Kit are brand new (last October) and worked perfectly prior to removing the broom and installing the snowblower for the winter.

What am I missing or not seeing right in from of me?
    Last edited by bsprtsgrp; 03-31-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    2017 JD 1025R TLB
    w/54" SnowBlower,52" Rotary Broom,Tektite Cab,BXpanded Backhoe Dolly,55AMP Alt,Block Heater,180 Thermo
    42" Pallet Forks, Artillian Casters, 3-PT Hitch w/iMatch Quick-Hitch & JD Ballast Box, Frontier SS1023B, Ken's Diff Pedal
    2000 JD 345 w/new 48C Deck & Brush Guard
    14 Bushel Hopper w/HP Power Flow, 40 Gal. Sprayer, 17P Cart
    Aerator/Drop Spreader, 80lb & 175lb Spreaders, Trac-Vac 580
    Front Mount & Tow De-Thatchers, Plug Aerator
    30" Mechanical Tiller, Billy Goat Blower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks
    Make sure the hydro lines are completely plugged in? Try remove/re-install.
    Definitely removed the locking pin?
    Any build up of debris in the hitch, keeping it from rotating?
    Low on hydro fluid?
    Does the ram cylinder try to move the hitch? Making any noise?
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Make sure the hydro lines are completely plugged in? Try remove/re-install.
    Definitely removed the locking pin?
    Any build up of debris in the hitch, keeping it from rotating?
    Low on hydro fluid?
    Does the ram cylinder try to move the hitch? Making any noise?
    Hydro lines are snug and the locking pin is out

Hitch is free and clear, tractor is brand new but I'll check hyro fluid. Yes it makes noise but seems like it's stuck. I just used the snowblower last week, and those 2 lines control the spout rotation left-to-right control and it worked fine. Hitch moves up and down fine.

Hydraulic selective control valve (SCV) OR dual selective control valve lock lever?
    Last edited by bsprtsgrp; 03-31-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    2017 JD 1025R TLB
    w/54" SnowBlower,52" Rotary Broom,Tektite Cab,BXpanded Backhoe Dolly,55AMP Alt,Block Heater,180 Thermo
    42" Pallet Forks, Artillian Casters, 3-PT Hitch w/iMatch Quick-Hitch & JD Ballast Box, Frontier SS1023B, Ken's Diff Pedal

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks
    Haven't used my SCV lock in so long I forgot. Doesn't it lock it in all directions?

You might remove the angle cylinder and try it without it being mounted, see if it moves. Then you can pivot the hitch to see if it moves freely also. That'll tell you which is causing the problem.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Thanks

Giant Nut tightened by King Kong

When I initially installed my front quick hitch, I could not get the pin fully seated to keep it from angling. I was not happy thinking I might have to file open the holes in 1/4 inch plate or take the darn thing back. Just as a last effort, I decided to loosen the big nut on the bottom that goes on the swivel bolt (the angling point). I had the right size of sockets, and I have some pretty long bars in my socket set, but I could not get that nut to turn. I finally got a huge pipe wrench and a cheater pipe, and that got it. I have no idea what the factory did to tighten that nut, but I was impressed. And that was the problem. The pin went in easily, even after I tightened the nut back to a reasonable tightness.

I would sure check that nut before I did anything else. King Kong may still work on that assembly line today.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 AM
    Thanks
    When moving the SCV to angle the broom, does the hydraulic system sound like it is building pressure?

If the hydraulic system is building pressure when moving the SCV to angle the broom, grad a hold of one of the angle cylinder hoses and move the SCV to angle the broom. First one way and then the other way. You will be able to feel the hydraulic hose stiffen if the pressure is going to the angle cylinder.

If both hoses are seeing pressure, the hitch angle is bound up.

If you do not feel the hoses stiffen, you most likely do not have one of the quick connects connected correctly. This is what i would think is the problem.

Disconnect the quick connects and reconnect them. The yellow quick connect can be a bear to connect. I also prop my right forearm against the FEL bracket when connecting my quick connects. This gives you some leverage to assure they are seated correctly.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    When moving the SCV to angle the broom, does the hydraulic system sound like it is building pressure?

If the hydraulic system is building pressure when moving the SCV to angle the broom, grad a hold of one of the angle cylinder hoses and move the SCV to angle the broom. First one way and then the other way. You will be able to feel the hydraulic hose stiffen if the pressure is going to the angle cylinder.

If both hoses are seeing pressure, the hitch angle is bound up.

If you do not feel the hoses stiffen, you most likely do not have one of the quick connects connected correctly. This is what i would think is the problem.

Disconnect the quick connects and reconnect them. The yellow quick connect can be a bear to connect. I also prop my right forearm against the FEL bracket when connecting my quick connects. This gives you some leverage to assure they are seated correctly.
    Fixed it. The BLACK Hydraulic was not seated all the way. The Tektite makes it a difficult angle.
    Kennyd, Ray_PA and kylew like this.
    2017 JD 1025R TLB

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsprtsgrp View Post
    Fixed it. The BLACK Hydraulic was not seated all the way. The Tektite makes it a difficult angle.
    Great!! Usually when an front attachment isn't functioning properly, the quick connects are the first place to check.
    kylew likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements