• 1 Post By Beaver Cove Deere
  • 13 Post By 414concrete

Thread: Krpan 3,5E skidding winch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks

Krpan 3,5E skidding winch

Any one have any experience with this make and model winch? I've been researching winches for my 2038r to pull out (uphill) red oak off my property for future wood boiler project. I've got three acres of 90% oak in the 12-20" diameter range, mostly on a slope with one or two benches, one up top behind the house and one just about dead center of the plot. My plan is to winch some up top for processing, and to clear the bench in the center, turning that into my main processing spot in the future.

I was pretty set on a Norse 350 for the hinged butt plate but the dealer is out of stock. Looked at Wallenstein, but too pricey. Then I started looking on ebay because PayPal credit was having a limited 0% 24month financing deal and I found this and bought it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/7840-lbs-Fo...EAAOSwNnRYhrw1

What really caught my eye was the description "Winch uses a brake strap around the drum rated to over 10 tonnes. It`s perfectly safe to leave your logs attached to the cable to drive them out instead of removing them and attaching the chains to the side of the winch. No other brand using the cheaper sprocket style with a mechanical brake allows you to do this. Not Farmi, not Wallenstein, not Fransgard nor Norse...."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    keane likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 02:17 AM
    Thanks
    My FX85, and every other major brand skidding winch I've ever seen has the ability to lock the drum and skid with the cable with the pawl system.

That guy obviously bought a container full of winches, but is he going to exist in 5 years when my Wally warranty on the clutch expires? Will you be able to fix it if he's out of the business when you need a part?
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Timber View Post
    My FX85, and every other major brand skidding winch I've ever seen has the ability to lock the drum and skid with the cable with the pawl system.

That guy obviously bought a container full of winches, but is he going to exist in 5 years when my Wally warranty on the clutch expires? Will you be able to fix it if he's out of the business when you need a part?
    I did my due diligence. Agricultural and forestry tractors in Quebec. Been in business 35yrs and carry quite a few high end forestry specific manufacturers. Krpan is not fly by night either. https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=6s&v=GSPwgkGCOSU
    Last edited by 414concrete; 04-01-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    69project likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    After all the research I did I'm going with a Tajfun. Waiting to see how this tax year settles out. Got hit hard. Dealer is local to you and a very nice guy.
    Jim Timber likes this.
    2013 JD 4720 with cab
    2015 Normand N-82-260HINV snowblower
    Land Pride RCR2672 rotary mower
    Tajfun EGV 45 A logging winch (pending)

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Received my Krpan 3,5E skid winch. Pics attached to my 2038r, this is the last time this machine will look this clean and new!

Very well built and powder coat paint job! We'll see how it performs in the woods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _A9_1147.jpg _A9_1151.jpg _A9_1153.jpg _A9_1155.jpg _A9_1163.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 414concrete For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman(05-10-2019)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 11:06 PM
    Thanks

Keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by 414concrete View Post
    Received my Krpan 3,5E skid winch. Pics attached to my 2038r, this is the last time this machine will look this clean and new!

Very well built and powder coat paint job! We'll see how it performs in the woods.
    Give an update when you get a chance to use it.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Cove Deere View Post
    After all the research I did I'm going with a Tajfun. Waiting to see how this tax year settles out. Got hit hard. Dealer is local to you and a very nice guy.
    Did you buy the Tafun? Do you like it?

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements