Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Pallet fork attachment choices. 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-31-2019 @ 07:56 PM
    Thanks

Pallet fork attachment choices. 1025R

I'm looking at adding pallet forks to my 1025R tool box. Any thoughts on an actual pallet fork attachment ($$$) vs bucket clamp on forks ($)? I worry about durability issues with the clamp on forks, but they are about half the cost. Thanks.
    Robnik likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Don't waste your time with the clamp on-forks.

Top choices are Artillian ($$$), Deere ($$) or Titan ($).

The main advantage to the Artillian is they are the lightest of the bunch and designed specifically for small tractors so they don't take away from the lifting capacity of your loader.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Woodrow View Post
    I'm looking at adding pallet forks to my 1025R tool box. Any thoughts on an actual pallet fork attachment ($$$) vs bucket clamp on forks ($)? I worry about durability issues with the clamp on forks, but they are about half the cost. Thanks.
    I owned/used clamp on forks for a long time. They worked well for moving small piles of brush but that's about it. They constantly worked lose and in general, just a pain in the rear to work with for what I was needing forks for. After I finally decided to purchase forks and frame I thought I would sell my clamp on forks. Even priced at virtually nothing, no one wanted them. I ended up giving them away to someone who quickly saw the benefits of forks for his quick attach loader and purchased a set for himself. He tried giving me the clamp on forks back but I wouldn't take them, no clue what happened to them. He had the same issues I did with them becoming loose and sliding around on the bucket. IMO they worked just well enough to make you wish you had purchased a quick attach frame and forks to begin with.

I never thought I would use my forks as much as I do being that I had forks all along but what I realized is, I didn't use my clamp on forks because I disliked them far more than I realized at the time. I now use forks for anything and everything they can be used for to make life a bit easier. I would use the forks to get the groceries into the house if the back door was wide enough to sit the sacks into the kitchen with them.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 04-01-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Kennyd, Tomfive, BigJim55 and 8 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    I have a set of Artillian with 36" forks. They aren't the cheapest but are well made and made specifically for the sub-compact tractor.

Everyone has their opinions as to which make to buy. It really comes down to how much you desire to spend and what you want to use them for. I find myself always wanting to lift as much as I can. The Artillian's are definitely an advantage here because of their light weight.

If you can deal with not being able to lift quite as much, then the Frontier or Titan will work well also.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I have a set of Artillian with 36" forks. They aren't the cheapest but are well made and made specifically for the sub-compact tractor.

Everyone has their opinions as to which make to buy. It really comes down to how much you desire to spend and what you want to use them for. I find myself always wanting to lift as much as I can. The Artillian's are definitely an advantage here because of their light weight.

If you can deal with not being able to lift quite as much, then the Frontier or Titan will work well also.
    I also have the Artillian with 36" love them. The one thing with Artillan they are not just fork but they are part of system that you can add to if you just want fork the other two are great choices.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Terraking TKV20 Material Collection System

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

The main advantage to the Artillian is they are the lightest of the bunch and designed specifically for small tractors so they don't take away from the lifting capacity of your loader.

Don't forget Everything Attachments.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

And they're modular!!!!! If you later want to add a grapple/front hoe bucket/snow plow/the list goes on!!! Once you have the base frame adding things like the above are cheaper and easier than buying a separate attachment.
    Last edited by balrog006; 04-01-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Another pallet fork debate, almost got over the last one
    You need to ask yourself what exactly you need out of a set of forks. I wanted forks with a round bale option, so Artillian was out quickly, and ask how much you’re willing to spend.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have the Titan 36 inch forks that I use weekly to unload pallets off of semi trailers. They work very well but I wish I had gone with the 42 inch as they would be much easier to see the tips.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
    I have the Titan 36 inch forks that I use weekly to unload pallets off of semi trailers. They work very well but I wish I had gone with the 42 inch as they would be much easier to see the tips.
    Ah yes, I always forget to add that, definitely wish I had gotten the 42” as well.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

Robnik (04-01-2018)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com