Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 300CX Loader service information

1. Top | #1
    Neb
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Thanks

300CX Loader service information

My 2007 3320 seems to have had a rough life before I bought it. I've been gradually fixing and replacing parts (and adding attachments of course!) since I got it. The tractor itself is now in pretty nice condition and everything seems to be working well. The 300CX loader, although it works very well, could use some improvements. Several of the pin joints are looser than I would like, and I want to tighten them up. However, buying new parts just to tighten up the pin joints seems like an expensive, and perhaps not necessary, project. I think that I'd like to disassemble these joints, bore out the worn parts, and add sleeves to take up the 'slop'. I thought that the first step should be to buy a service manual for the 300CX loader, hoping that it would include some details about the diameters of the pins, etc. However, I've not been able to find any service literature for the 300CX. Has anyone seen any service literature for this loader? Also, has anyone attempted to do what I'm suggesting?
    BigJim55 and ky_shawn like this.
    2007 3320 with 300CX Loader
    Piranha tooth bar
    Ken's Hooks
    5' box blade
    Forks
    Greens-Machine 'thumb'
    Titan 42" forks
    7.5 foot Meyer truck plow, loader mounted w/Ken's crossover relief valve
    72" 7 iron mid mounted deck
    Kubota post auger
    X485 with 62" deck and Ken's seat spring upgrade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    My 2007 3320 seems to have had a rough life before I bought it. I've been gradually fixing and replacing parts (and adding attachments of course!) since I got it. The tractor itself is now in pretty nice condition and everything seems to be working well. The 300CX loader, although it works very well, could use some improvements. Several of the pin joints are looser than I would like, and I want to tighten them up. However, buying new parts just to tighten up the pin joints seems like an expensive, and perhaps not necessary, project. I think that I'd like to disassemble these joints, bore out the worn parts, and add sleeves to take up the 'slop'. I thought that the first step should be to buy a service manual for the 300CX loader, hoping that it would include some details about the diameters of the pins, etc. However, I've not been able to find any service literature for the 300CX. Has anyone seen any service literature for this loader? Also, has anyone attempted to do what I'm suggesting?
    I have never seen service literature for a 300x/cx loader but surely it exists? I have never done anything your suggesting to a compact tractor loader. We certainly have done exactly what your suggesting to some of the equipment we relied on to farm with however. Considering the cost of new equipment and the fact of what we had was in overall decent shape, this was worth every bit of the time and effort it took.

I'm extremely curious as to what others suggest to you, personally... I think this is an awesome idea and would like to gain some knowledge here for possible future needs.
    BigJim55 and Neb like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ky_shawn For This Useful Post:

Neb (04-02-2018)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    I've never seen service manuals on any of the CUT loaders. Deere only lists Operator's Manuals and Parts Manuals for the 300CX on their publications site. No service manual available.

I don't know of anyone that's done it on a CUT loader but there are companies that specialize in boring, sleeving and replacing the pins on heavy equipment. There is a company quasi-local to me that advertises doing this on-site for construction equipment. If they can do it for a Deere 310SG backhoe, they can do it for a CUT.

I have no idea what that sort of thing costs to have done but I'm sure it's less than buying the equipment needed to do it properly would be.
    Last edited by JimR; 04-02-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

Neb (04-02-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Neb
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, I've seen those types of services advertised, and I agree that it wouldn't make sense to buy the machining equipment. But if your next door neighbor has the machining equipment.....
    PaDave, BigJim55, JimR and 1 others like this.
    Piranha tooth bar
    Ken's Hooks
    5' box blade
    Forks
    Greens-Machine 'thumb'
    Titan 42" forks
    Kubota post auger

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Heh. If your neighbor has the equipment, let him get at it! Buy him a case of beer (or two!) for his troubles.

Just make sure the work is done before you start cracking open the beers!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    I think I'd start by removing the pins and measuring them with a micrometer to determine the extent of the wear. It might be a little more difficult to measure the pin bores. Replacing the pins and keeping them lubricated to reduce most of the slop might be the easiest and most economical way to proceed.
    Kennyd, BigJim55 and Neb like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Superglidesport For This Useful Post:

Neb (04-02-2018)

12. Top | #7
    Neb
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I suppose that I'll end up having to replace some of the pins, if not all of them. But they are EXPENSIVE. And there are a lot of them. There's really no urgency to get this done, so that's partly why I thought I could take it a step at a time. And I agree that the first step is to measure the pins and the bores. That's why I was looking for a service manual: to get the pin and bore diameters. But that's not looking like it's going to happen.
    I'm hoping that the pins are hardened and that the bores are the softer material.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Piranha tooth bar
    Ken's Hooks
    5' box blade
    Forks
    Greens-Machine 'thumb'
    Titan 42" forks
    Kubota post auger

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    The primary pins (6 of them) used on the 300CX are Deere p/n AW33494. You can find the specs for them here.

The bushings are Deere p/n W49646. Specs for them can be found here.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

14. Top | #9
    Neb
    Last Online
    Thanks
    JimR,
    Thanks for that information. I went back out and looked at the tractor. Those pins and bushings seem to be fairly tight. The ones that I'm concerned about are the joints related to the bucket cylinders. It seems that there is around 0.020 - 0.030" movement at each joint. That was strictly a guess because I didn't put the dial indicator on them. Down where the cylinders attach to the links, there is some looseness between the pin and the cylinder as well as between the pin and the links. I also noticed that the Quick Attach mounting points are somewhat loose as well. Adding all these up makes it noticeable to me.
    I've never had a bit of a problem with function; it's just not as tight as I'd like.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Piranha tooth bar
    Ken's Hooks
    5' box blade
    Forks
    Greens-Machine 'thumb'
    Titan 42" forks
    Kubota post auger

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    The ones that I'm concerned about are the joints related to the bucket cylinders. It seems that there is around 0.020 - 0.030" movement at each joint. That was strictly a guess because I didn't put the dial indicator on them. Down where the cylinders attach to the links, there is some looseness between the pin and the cylinder as well as between the pin and the links. I also noticed that the Quick Attach mounting points are somewhat loose as well. Adding all these up makes it noticeable to me.
    I've never had a bit of a problem with function; it's just not as tight as I'd like.
    Neb, I think you're good. I went out and stuck a dial indicator on at the cylinder end. Yea, there's quite a bit of slop in all of that assembly. The loader was at rest with the bucket on the floor and I could only wiggle the cylinder with one hand while trying to take a picture. I'm pretty sure I could get another .010~.015" standing straight up and a good grip on the cylinder end.
    Where it attaches to the bucket is pretty sloppy too but I don't know if you'd want that fit much better.
    I bought the loader new in 2013 and as I remember it's always been kinda sloppy down on that end.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At rest on floor.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	582945 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lifted up.jpg 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	582953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quick attach slop.jpg 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	582961
    Kennyd, BigJim55 and Neb like this.
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PaDave For This Useful Post:

Neb (04-02-2018)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast