Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Titan Ballast Box on the way

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks

Titan Ballast Box on the way

I wanted to buy a ballast box from my local dealer recently and was told they were hard to come buy and they would have to charge me a premium price if they could get their hands on one. The kid behind the parts counter then went on to say that I didn't really need one anyway and that I should just fill the rear tires with WATER if I needed weight on the rear.

I previously had bought my Titan pallet forks from Amazon and they arrived in two days with free shipping. Recently checked Amazon and they had Titan Cat1 ballast boxes for $259 with free shipping. Ordered the box and a TerraKing quick hitch bushing kit for $29.99. Bushing kit arrived already, ballast box should be delivered tomorrow. I know the fit and finish won't be as good as the JD but if it does the job and fits the IMatch properly I'll be content.

Now...what kind of mods do I want to do with the BB?!? I've seen some really clever things that some creative minds have dreamt up...just one more thing to throw at!
    glc, BigJim55, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    2018 1025R, I-Match hitch, Frontier rotary cutter, box blade & 48" rear tiller, Titan 42" clamp-on pallet forks, Piranha Toothbar, Ken's Bolt On Hooks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks
    I just ordered my Titan Ballast Box today too! I ordered mine directly from TA. I could of ordered from Amazon but my 1025R won't be delivered until next Tuesday (10th) so I figured a couple extra days shipping is no big deal to me. I'll be looking to mod mine out too! Would like Mother Nature to send some warmer weather this way though. Makes it nicer to work outside on these projects.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    I just ordered my Titan Ballast Box today too! I ordered mine directly from TA. I could of ordered from Amazon but my 1025R won't be delivered until next Tuesday (10th) so I figured a couple extra days shipping is no big deal to me. I'll be looking to mod mine out too! Would like Mother Nature to send some warmer weather this way though. Makes it nicer to work outside on these projects.

What part of Michigan? I grew up in mid-Michigan, joined the Navy out of high school and got stationed in north Florida for 8 years. Took me five years to acclimate to the sweltering humidity and along the way I lost my ability to handle Michigan winters. I go back to visit family every couple years...almost exclusively in the summer months.
    Sergeant and Marlin like this.
    2018 1025R, I-Match hitch, Frontier rotary cutter, box blade & 48" rear tiller, Titan 42" clamp-on pallet forks, Piranha Toothbar, Ken's Bolt On Hooks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    I haven't seen this on here, but I was thinking that if I had one (So far I use my Backhoe or tiller) I'd want to store it in my garage when not in use (concrete floor) and I'd consider putting heavy duty casters on the bottom of it so when I took it off I'd be able to roll it around. Either that, or I'd just build some sort of dolly of it.

Beyond that, I'd probably be pretty normal and drop some PVC in it for yard tools and some sort of slot for a chainsaw.
    Robnik likes this.
    2015 JD 1025R TLB-Setup (Dealer Installed Backhoe & Power Beyond)
    H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe
    60D MMM with Auto Connect & Ind. Hydraulic Lift
    JD I-match Quick Hitch
    Agri Supply CGR-48 Tiller (77709) & 48" Clamp on Debris Fork (87636)
    Yard Tuff 3-Pt. Plug Aerator (Northern Tool)
    42" Titan Forks w/ 2" Trailer Receiver
    HH Toothbar, Rear 2" Rec. Hitch Plate & 3-in-1 Trailer Tow Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Seat Springs, Differential Lock Pedal Ext.
    JD Forward Lighting Kit & Rear Work Light

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rws71 View Post
    What part of Michigan? I grew up in mid-Michigan, joined the Navy out of high school and got stationed in north Florida for 8 years. Took me five years to acclimate to the sweltering humidity and along the way I lost my ability to handle Michigan winters. I go back to visit family every couple years...almost exclusively in the summer months.
    Little town of Millington just east of Frankenmuth. I wouldn't mind some of that warm Florida weather right about now. Looks like we're bracing for snow again tonight.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    I got my Titan Blst Box direct from Titan also. A few dollars cheaper than through Amazon, and caught it on sale. Think it was about $235. Ordered on Sunday, rec'd on Wednesday. Filled with 4.5 cu. ft. of pea stone. Guessing it weighs 550 lbs, give or take. Maybe more. Works good, and fits the Imatch without modifications. Maybe I got lucky. I did use JD bushings for mine. Be interested if those TerraKing bushings fit and work without issue.

FYI, JD has a 15% promo on IMatch and ballast boxes right now, through April 30th. (I know is too late now lol)

That "kid" behind the counter is way outta wack. Of course you want rear ballast, and no, water is not an option.

I got a furniture type dolly from TSC I set mine on to roll around the barn. Works good. 800 or 1000 lb rating (yeah, right), $30...but works.
    Last edited by kylew; 04-02-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    Kylew and Big K just want to say Hi. I live between Auburn and Midland, Retired from Bay City Light and Power work 33 years for them. I just got my 1025r 1-13-18 really like it already. Son in law made me a weight bracket for it looks like the big one from heavy hitch I a had a old receiver hitch and $40.00 in 3/8 steel and paint. Some day I have to have him show me how to post pictures, I'm old and don't like computers much. Had to learn this computer cause our youngest girl join the Army in 2004 right after high school. They are over in Levi part, Carkville TN. Fort Campbell for now should retired in 4.5 years.
    BigK likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    Way cool Driveshaft.
    Good to meet y'all. I'm in Grass Lake, between Chelsea and Jackson. Nice country area to play with my tractor Only have 3.5 acres and not much wooded area, but we live on a private road that I get to snow plow and use the box blade to help maintain, along with my neighbor.

Driveshaft...you'll love your tractor the more you find what it can do (I'm sure BigK and Rws71 love theirs too). You'll find the people on here are top notch. And pretty darn good at spending your money for you on things you never knew you needed Would like to see a photo of your weight bracket when you get it uploaded.

Zeke...you should consider a ballast box. They're not as bulky as the backhoe or tiller, allowing you to get in tighter areas. Basically near the same weight in a smaller package, depending what you fill it with. And with a quick hitch, easy to pickup.
    BigK likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    I got my Titan Blst Box direct from Titan also. A few dollars cheaper than through Amazon, and caught it on sale. Think it was about $235. Ordered on Sunday, rec'd on Wednesday. Filled with 4.5 cu. ft. of pea stone. Guessing it weighs 550 lbs, give or take. Maybe more. Works good, and fits the Imatch without modifications. Maybe I got lucky. I did use JD bushings for mine. Be interested if those TerraKing bushings fit and work without issue.

FYI, JD has a 15% promo on IMatch and ballast boxes right now, through April 30th. (I know is too late now lol)

That "kid" behind the counter is way outta wack. Of course you want rear ballast, and no, water is not an option.

I got a furniture type dolly from TSC I set mine on to roll around the barn. Works good. 800 or 1000 lb rating (yeah, right), $30...but works.
    My ballast box arrived yesterday during a downpour. The Terraking bushings fit just fine when installed correctly. In my haste to get dry I installed them backwards and promptly pounded the roll-pins in place before getting the tractor out of the garage (she hasn't been rained on yet ). Spent another 10 minutes pounding the pins back out so I could turn the bushings around. Works just fine with the Imatch.

Wish I would have known about the 15% promo, I would have rather have bought a JD BB, just because...

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rws71 View Post
    Wish I would have known about the 15% promo, I would have rather have bought a JD BB, just because...
    Don't sweat it, a box is a box.
    Gizmo2 and ky_shawn like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast