Grader/Rake

Thread: Grader/Rake

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks

Grader/Rake

Hello all, I've been lurking here for awhile, soaking up what I can. I have a new 1025R that I have been having some fun with. My next purchase for my tractor I want to get something that will take care of my gravel drive (a little over 100 yds. long) and condition an indoor arena have. I've been looking at the TR3, a box blade, and the DR Grader.

The TR3 looks like it can do it all, but WOW, the price! The DR Grader is next in line, a little pricey but the videos make it look good. I just rented a box blade and graded my drive the other day. It did pretty good, filled in the washed out areas and pot holes, I didn't try it in the arena though. The box blade I rented was a 54". If I were to purchase one I think I would get the 48", it would be a little lighter. Unfortunately the others are not available to rent and try out. If anyone has any comparisons I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    I think the landplane is the best for smoothing driveways.It also does well on dirt...if there is no grass as there wont be any after you've gone over it a time or two. Here is a video from everything attachments

The box blade is good too and can be used for major grading work as well. It takes some practice getting thlngs smooth as the blade will undulate with the tractors rising and falling. So you learn to knock of the high spots into the low spots and then it will start getting smooth enough to eventually leave the blade skimming the ground. Initially, you'll need to monitor what the blade is doing and constantly adjust to accomplish the goal. If you dont and leave it down,it will /can make things worse,if the ground aint very flat.

I think a chain harrow is the best implement for an arena...especially for the cost.
    IMO, the tr3 is an expensive wonder tool that is trying to be a swiss army knive. I've never used one and they may be the best thing going, so I'll let some one thats used one chime in.

But, IMO everyone working with dirt needs a box blade. They are really handy . With the scarifers(sp?) you can cut deep into hard/rooted soil. They are great for cutting ditches (tilting the 3 pt arms)or just moving dirt around in a close area.
    Last edited by rgd; 10-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

4. Top | #3
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    I won't comment regarding the arena, lots of different implements that can do a fantastic job on that type of an area.

Now as far as your drive, and if that drive has about any improvements over a 100% untouched driven over path, then a land plane grading scraper (LPGS) is the best implement for maintaining a drive. Get yourself a nice 48" unit and go to it. You will be very satisfied and they are relatively easy to use. I have a couple of them, but here is my 5 footer behind my 32hp tractor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4190010.JPG   P4190013.JPG   P4190015.JPG  
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,085 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Welcome to GTT bolar.
    We used a landscape rake with every other tine removed for our outdoor horse arena. Worked pretty good on the driveway also.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone, I'll have to look more into a landplane.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements