Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cutting edge for Bucket

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-22-2015 @ 11:26 PM
    Thanks

Cutting edge for Bucket

I have the piranha tooth bar on now, when winter sets in I will be taking it off. Any thoughts on a good bolt on cutting edge for my loader bucket? I don't have a snow blower so I will be using the bucket on concrete, thoughts or ideas?

Thnxs
    Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2025R, 63 MMM, FEL, Ballast Box

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-07-2016 @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have a bolt on wear bar made by WR Long and sold by everything attachments on my 2032r it uses the same bolt holes as the toothbar made by WR Long
    dieselshadow likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper56cars View Post
    I have a bolt on wear bar made by WR Long and sold by everything attachments on my 2032r it uses the same bolt holes as the toothbar made by WR Long
    That might be the ticket and not have to drill more holes in the bucket, Thnxs

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xhere View Post
    I have the piranha tooth bar on now, when winter sets in I will be taking it off. Any thoughts on a good bolt on cutting edge for my loader bucket? I don't have a snow blower so I will be using the bucket on concrete, thoughts or ideas?

Thnxs
    Greg
    Look no further. I e-mailed BxPanded a month ago. Harry makes a "non-piranha" straight edge that bolts on in the same holes and in the same manner as the Piranha Bar. It is also the same price as the Piranha. It wasn't on his website when I last looked, but he can set you up if you e-mail him. I also inquired about a replaceable poly edge for the straight edge bar and he was going to get some quotes. I need to e-mail him and get an update.

Edit: I sent him an e-mail and asked Harry to post to this thread. Hopefully he'll chime in.
    Last edited by OxPath; 10-30-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    HydroHarold, 5304 and danmorea like this.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

danmorea (01-23-2015), xhere (10-30-2014)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 657 Posts
    I heard back from Harry at BxPanded. If you want just the straight edge, you should send him an e-mail. As for the poly edge: he has the design but hasn't sourced the material yet. Wouldn't it be nice if his design allows for the straight edge to be retrofitted with a poly edge ... Are you listening Harry? He won't be posting here as he is not yet a vendor.

I haven't ordered the straight edge yet, but if it's the same material and quality as the Piranha bar, it could be just what I need to scrape snow and ice and protect the corners and edge of the bucket. If you order one, I'd be interested in your review.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    I heard back from Harry at BxPanded. If you want just the straight edge, you should send him an e-mail. As for the poly edge: he has the design but hasn't sourced the material yet. Wouldn't it be nice if his design allows for the straight edge to be retrofitted with a poly edge ... Are you listening Harry? He won't be posting here as he is not yet a vendor.

I haven't ordered the straight edge yet, but if it's the same material and quality as the Piranha bar, it could be just what I need to scrape snow and ice and protect the corners and edge of the bucket. If you order one, I'd be interested in your review.
    Thanks, the update, I think this might be the best route since I have their tooth bar and really like. I will call him today and talk to him about it, I don't like to scrap my concrete but my drive is very steep and with the ice at times I have to dig in, I try to stay away from salt as it also tears the concrete up over time. Wife's not happy if she has to park at the bottom of the drive.

Thnxs
    Greg

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I called Harry at BXpanded today and ordered a straight cutting blade for winter. Should be here late next week, I will pop off my tooth bar and install the straight edge to save my buckets edge. I will let you know how it works out.

Greg

Gizmo2 and OxPath like this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-26-2018 @ 06:39 AM
    Thanks
    I'm looking forward to some more information on this as I'm thinking about getting a straight edge to protect my bucket. How much of a pain are they to add? Mark holds and drill?

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake.45 View Post
    I'm looking forward to some more information on this as I'm thinking about getting a straight edge to protect my bucket. How much of a pain are they to add? Mark holds and drill?
    Took me maybe 20 minutes to mark, lube, and drill.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake.45 View Post
    I drilled some pilot holes 1st, then went bigger, as state above some lube on the bits will help prevent them from burning up, you still might go through a few bits. Don't take that long though. I already had my piranha tooth bar on so when the straight blade arrives it uses the same holes. Winter I will use the straight blade and summer tooth bar. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

My last orange tractor I just used the cutting edge on the bucket when moving snow and in two winters of moving snow on concrete about 3/8's of an inch of the bucket edge wore off. It wasn't even wear either, outer edges was worse.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast