Loose Bolts on a 54" Snowblower... Check yours.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: Loose Bolts on a 54" Snowblower... Check yours.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 06:17 AM
    Thanks

Loose Bolts on a 54" Snowblower... Check yours.

It's that time of year... Just put on my 54" front mounted Snow Blower. As I made progress going through the reattachment to the tractor process, Check this, Check that.... Found that the two sheer bolts were loose... and two nuts#15 that are attached to Bolt#10 that are attached to Bracket #9. Both were 1/4 bolt length loose. Only two winters on this blower.... Should they back out again... "locktite"? The shear bolts are a given I would guess.

John Deere Parts Online Catalog: Info Discount Prices
    Last edited by HouseMouse; 10-31-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    It's that time of year... Just put on my 54" front mounted Snow Blower. As I made progress going through the reattachment to the tractor process, Check this, Check that.... Found that the two sheer bolts were loose... and two nuts#15 that are attached to Bolt#10 that are attached to Bracket #9. Both were 1/4 bolt length loose. Only two winters on this blower.... Should they back out again... "locktite"? The shear bolts are a given I would guess.

John Deere Parts Online Catalog: Info Discount Prices
    JD blocked my access to that drawing, but shear bolt nuts should NOT be TIGHT! Just enough tension to keep the nut from coming loose and most of them come with nylock nuts for this purpose. IF we are not talking about the actual "shear pin/bolt"... disregard.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements