• 3 Post By Yamaguy
  • 1 Post By farmgirl19

Thread: Landpride Soil Pulverizer

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks

Landpride Soil Pulverizer

Through a friend I have found a guy needing to get rid of about 150 yards of free black dirt. It is going to be a big help in my quest of raising and leveling my 1 acre side yard. It will be slow coming as the guy is removing a pile of dirt on his property in his spare time. He has dropped off about 15 yards so far and I have been spreading it with the loader and 5' landscape rake. The rake does ok, but I was having a hard time knocking off the high spots and smoothing everything. I have been watching craigslist for a deal on a boxblade, landplow, or soil pulverizer.

I found a well used Landpride sp3072 soil pulverizer. it has the double rear roller, but most of the roller spikes are gone, but I got it for $200!! When I Got there to pick it up I thought it looked massive and I wondered if it would stop the 2032r right in it's tracks. It' s a 6' model that weights 670lbs without the second roller (which I would guess adds about 100 lbs). I figured I would buy it, and could always sell it if I couldnt get it to work. On the way home I was thinking how I could modify it to work by taking a few of the spikes off the outer edges or remove all of the rear ones, but once I backed the 2032 up to it, It no longer looked so big. I could pull it at full depth without issue. I would say it is perfectly matched to the 2032.

Untitled by yamaguy, on Flickr

The dirt I had spread 2 weeks ago was pretty hard and the rake would only go in about an inch. I had a 2 bags of cement leftover from filling my ballast box that got caught in the rain before I could return them, so now they make great extra weight bricks.

The only thing that would stop me (or even break traction) were tree roots. I couldn't even feel it pull through 2-3' diameter roots, but much larger is a different story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Great find! Things are looking good around there!!
    Yamaguy likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements