Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Front dethatcher for 1025r loader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-15-2018 @ 05:47 PM
    Thanks

Front dethatcher for 1025r loader

So I remember seeing a thread about a guy who tabbed a front dethatcher for his loader using the artillian bracket and a dethatcher. I think I found it but the links for the pics have gone bad. I'm looking for some pics or ideas on what's needed to fab this up correctly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to polaris_nut For This Useful Post:

RichBaxter (04-11-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_nut View Post
    So I remember seeing a thread about a guy who tabbed a front dethatcher for his loader using the artillian bracket and a dethatcher. I think I found it but the links for the pics have gone bad. I'm looking for some pics or ideas on what's needed to fab this up correctly.
    Haven’t seen that one but I’ve got a front dethatcher on my 1025r. Fabricated a bracket to use the lift cylinder from my quick hitch.

https://youtu.be/VTuBcIFwDoI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    keane, j. white and 69project like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    A fellow, here in MN, markets a front Quick Hitch mount for the JD Thatcher. I purchased one, but as we STILL have an abundance of snow on the ground and more on the way, I haven't bothered to take it out of the box. The only hook with this on a 1025R, from what I understand, is the Quick Hitch and mower deck cannot be mounted simultaneously on the 1025R. So you wouldn't be able to mow and dethatch simultaneously.

Here is the link to the discussion on the MTF forum. There is also some links to a couple of YouTube videos within the discussion.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-joh...chment%2A.html
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-09-2018 @ 08:04 PM
    Thanks
    I’ve been thinking about setting something like this up myself. I bought a CMP 3 point dethatcher a few years ago but found that while it works well as a rake, it really doesn’t “dethatch” the lawn due to it being too light and not having any downforce from the 3 point hitch. I probably should try it again with some cinder blocks strapped to it, but I was also thinking if I got the 3 point adapter for my Artillian fork frame I could attach the dethatcher to that and use a little downforce from the loader. What do you all think of that idea?
    -JR

2015 1025R FILB
    60D 7 Iron AutoConnect MMM w/ independent hydro lift and mulch kit, iMatch Quick Hitch, JD Ballast Box, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Bxpanded Piranha Bar, Artillian Forks, Woods RC4 Brush Hog, FIMCO 40g 3pt sprayer, CMP dethatcher

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jr6424 View Post
    I’ve been thinking about setting something like this up myself. I bought a CMP 3 point dethatcher a few years ago but found that while it works well as a rake, it really doesn’t “dethatch” the lawn due to it being too light and not having any downforce from the 3 point hitch. I probably should try it again with some cinder blocks strapped to it, but I was also thinking if I got the 3 point adapter for my Artillian fork frame I could attach the dethatcher to that and use a little downforce from the loader. What do you all think of that idea?
    I'm thinking it needs to float. Otherwise, it'll rip the lawn up pretty good as you encounter the typical unevenness.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-09-2018 @ 08:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I'm thinking it needs to float. Otherwise, it'll rip the lawn up pretty good as you encounter the typical unevenness.
    m

True, there’s plenty of unevenness in my lawn. Unfortunately out here in the great Pacific NW we end up with a nice thick carpet of moss growing in our lawns after the long wet winter. A treatment of moss out or an iron supplement kills it and turns it black but then it has to be raked out. People out here usually rent power dethatchers from Home Depot or whatever, but with about an acre and a half of grass that’d take me a few days to get it all out, and then there’s the problem of what to with all the raked up dead moss... I was hoping to find a solution with what I have that wouldn’t require renting additional equipment. I’ve been thinking of getting that 3pt adaptor for the Artillian frame anyway. Maybe I’ll try the cinder block approach this year and see how that works.
    -JR

2015 1025R FILB
    60D 7 Iron AutoConnect MMM w/ independent hydro lift and mulch kit, iMatch Quick Hitch, JD Ballast Box, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Bxpanded Piranha Bar, Artillian Forks, Woods RC4 Brush Hog, FIMCO 40g 3pt sprayer, CMP dethatcher

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    I really like my front mount dethatcher. Everything in one pass. The dethatcher just rides on the front tires. I’ve seen the ones that use the quick hitch but to me there are two issues. 1). It’s to close to the ground. Pretty sure it would drag in most spots in my lawn. 2). In order to work properly a dethatcher needs to float. The quick hitch can float, but it won’t float fast enough to follow the ground properly.

1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    I bought the steel yesterday to make a bracket to move my JD thatcher from my GT 235 to my 1025r. I will post pic of what I come up with.

You can follow my little homestead on Instagram @Trolladyfarmhomestead

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    I’ve been looking for a de thatcher. In your opinions do they actually work? I was looking at a bluebird d110. Similar process it just has a 5hp has engine to do the work
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-18-2019 @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    There's a few threads on here and MTF that are discussing front mount dethatchers and installing them various ways, one being a quick hitch.
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade
    2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - SOLD
    2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - SOLD

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast