Anyone running a Land Pride finish mower?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anyone running a Land Pride finish mower?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 AM
    Thanks

Anyone running a Land Pride finish mower?

Picked up a Land Pride FDR 1660 last week. Trying to set it up to use with my quick hitch, I tried to follow the directions on page 13 of the manual but I am missing some bolt holes that they speak of. Anyone able to help?

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
    Victory EF135 flail mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Can you provide some better photos of the top-link and lower pin areas on the mower? That is the business end that the quick hitch needs to mate with.
    Fozsey and MowJoe like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Can you provide some better photos of the top-link and lower pin areas on the mower? That is the business end that the quick hitch needs to mate with.

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry I can't help you but I just wanted to say I have done most of my mowing with a Landpride AT2572 since 92 and have been very happy with it. I see yours is a rear discharge unit I wish mine was. Good luck.
    Fozsey and JD4044M like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Are you saying it won't attach to the quick hitch? All the links seem to be in the correct position. Where specifically does the problem seem to be?
    Fozsey likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Cannot help and I searched in vain for the solution recently. I had a 60" Land Pride disc harrow that I wanted to use with my iMatch. I installed the bushings, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to completely attach. It was extremely frustrating. I sold it instead. I don't want anything that doesn't easily attach as it completely defeats the purpose of the iMatch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Are you saying it won't attach to the quick hitch? All the links seem to be in the correct position. Where specifically does the problem seem to be?
    Sorry, I should have explained better. It will attach to the quick hitch but because the lower links float I canít pick it up off the ground. The manual says that the lower links should be mounted in two holes above the floating holes but my unit doesnít have the 2 holes shown in the manual, newer units do. There is a sticker on the deck that says quick hitch system so Iím assuming it is QH compatible. I have the links bolted right right now so they canít flex but if left line this Iím sure it will affect the cut of the mower on uneven ground. With the links allowed to move they rest in an angled down position and are too low to hook up to the QH without someone backing up the tractor while someone holds them up to fit into the QH arms. Was curious if someone had same model as I do and also is using a QH and how they set it up to work properly.

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660
    C00lCountry likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MowJoe View Post
    Sorry, I should have explained better. It will attach to the quick hitch but because the lower links float I canít pick it up off the ground. The manual says that the lower links should be mounted in two holes above the floating holes but my unit doesnít have the 2 holes shown in the manual, newer units do. There is a sticker on the deck that says quick hitch system so Iím assuming it is QH compatible. I have the links bolted right right now so they canít flex but if left line this Iím sure it will affect the cut of the mower on uneven ground. With the links allowed to move they rest in an angled down position and are too low to hook up to the QH without someone backing up the tractor while someone holds them up to fit into the QH arms. Was curious if someone had same model as I do and also is using a QH and how they set it up to work properly.
    Below is the section of the manual which explains the mounting position. A quickie work around would be to tighten both of the clevis link bolts tight which would prevent the arms from moving. According to the manual they only move if you back off the nut slightly. You could even go so far as to snug up the bolt in the slotted hole, attach to the quick hitch and then loosen slightly again.

Another fairly simple option would be to drill two new holes on each side right above the floating mount points. You could then attach as described in the manual.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	FDR1660.jpg†
Views:	7†
Size:	78.1 KB†
ID:	591642

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    I had to mount an adaptor kit on my woods mower to make it imatch compatible. Maybe landpride has a similar adaptor.
    BigJim55 likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Below is the section of the manual which explains the mounting position. A quickie work around would be to tighten both of the clevis link bolts tight which would prevent the arms from moving. According to the manual they only move if you back off the nut slightly. You could even go so far as to snug up the bolt in the slotted hole, attach to the quick hitch and then loosen slightly again.

Another fairly simple option would be to drill two new holes on each side right above the floating mount points. You could then attach as described in the manual.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	FDR1660.jpg†
Views:	7†
Size:	78.1 KB†
ID:	591642
    I just wonder why the older models did not have those two holes already but say they are QH compatible. I wish I had the original manual for it to see how they suggest to set the clevis arms up for a QH. I think Iím going to move the arms in as class as they go towards the finish mowers, the arms wonít be able to rotate as much and maybe that will work? Iím guessing if the arms were bolted solid the rotation of the top link would let it move enough for uneven terrain?

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast