47" snowblower belt wear

Thread: 47" snowblower belt wear

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:33 PM
    Thanks

47" snowblower belt wear

Now that winter is over (yea right), I was looking at the belt of a 47" JD snowblower attached to a X580 tractor. Since it is
    a 2016, it has the new mounting system. Anyway, the top inside corner of the belt is wearing. I've attached a picture of the belt
    which only has 5 hours on it. The top and bottom of the belt is fine along with the other 3 corners. Supposedly a lot
    of the belt problems were fix by the new mounting system. I can't see why it is wearing like this. Also I adjusted the lift height from 5" to 4" to limit the amount of side flex on the belt. Has anyone ever seen anything like this ? I'm tempted to send it back
    to the dealer since this is such a strange wear pattern. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBBelt.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I had the dealer take a look at it and he said this is a common problem with the 2016+ X5xx tractors/blowers. He has
    tried adjusting the tension pulleys which didn't help. His take was the belt is rubbing on the main pulley on the snowblower and
    there is no adjustment to change the alignment. Are there any 2016+ X5xx owners with snowblowers that are seeing
    or not seeing this problem ? I'm wondering how wide spread it really is. Thanks

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:32 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our1vue View Post
    I had the dealer take a look at it and he said this is a common problem with the 2016+ X5xx tractors/blowers. He has
    tried adjusting the tension pulleys which didn't help. His take was the belt is rubbing on the main pulley on the snowblower and
    there is no adjustment to change the alignment. Are there any 2016+ X5xx owners with snowblowers that are seeing
    or not seeing this problem ? I'm wondering how wide spread it really is. Thanks
    Do you know what changed in the 2016+ x5xx tractor front mount to result in this problem?

Two of my neighbors have x5xx tractors with the 47" front snow blower but they are both prior to the 2016 model year.......

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    They changed the entire lifting system. Before there was a rod that went from the blower to a tab on the tractor lift
    mechanism. Now they attach a plate to the two rear lifting arms and have a see-saw arrangement to raise the blower.
    Here is a link to the new arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0suzTCVlw

I thought the new arrangement was suppose fix the belt problems, not create new ones.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements