2025R Tiller Question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2025R Tiller Question

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    11-12-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2025R Tiller Question

    Hey all,

    I have been looking into purchasing a tiller for my 2025R. I want to be able to cover my tire tracks therefore the 5’ option is what I want to purchase. I have seen lots of reviews some good, some bad reviews on whether or not my tractor can handle this size of tiller. I understand that the specs say you need 25Hp at the PTO to run this attachment efficiently. I don’t want to get an offset 4’ tiller if possible. So my question, has anyone run a 5’ tiller on their 2025? If so how have has it handled it? Any feedback is appreciated.

    Joe
    PJR832 likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,396
    Thanks
    1,904
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Unless you have put wheel spacers on the rear wheels a 4' tiller will cover your tracks without being offset.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  4. Top | #3
    Busman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    By way of comparison I have a 1025R and I run a John Deere 655 tiller with no problems.
    A big part of the equation will be the kind of ground your tilling. Clay, loam, sandy loam, peat ??? The lighter the soil the bigger the tiller you can use for any given horsepower. (to a point).
    On heavier soils, might need to make a few successive passes going deeper each time. One critical need to heed, especially with our heavier soil is to stay off and out when it is the least bit wet, or you end up with concrete clods when it dries out.
    PJR832 and jwl6734 like this.
    Glen

    Current Fleet

    2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    11-12-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    By way of comparison I have a 1025R and I run a John Deere 655 tiller with no problems.
    A big part of the equation will be the kind of ground your tilling. Clay, loam, sandy loam, peat ??? The lighter the soil the bigger the tiller you can use for any given horsepower. (to a point).
    On heavier soils, might need to make a few successive passes going deeper each time. One critical need to heed, especially with our heavier soil is to stay off and out when it is the least bit wet, or you end up with concrete clods when it dries out.
    That's what i have been hearing. I don't have any clay, but is pretty rocky in places. Thanks for the input

  7. Top | #5
    EBhunts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Location
    Northern WI
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 50 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwl6734 View Post
    Hey all,

    I have been looking into purchasing a tiller for my 2025R. I want to be able to cover my tire tracks therefore the 5’ option is what I want to purchase. I have seen lots of reviews some good, some bad reviews on whether or not my tractor can handle this size of tiller. I understand that the specs say you need 25Hp at the PTO to run this attachment efficiently. I don’t want to get an offset 4’ tiller if possible. So my question, has anyone run a 5’ tiller on their 2025? If so how have has it handled it? Any feedback is appreciated.

    Joe
    I run a 60” tiller as well as a 60+” flail on my 2016 2025R (Gen 1 model) and couldn’t be happier with the performance. For me it works out great.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PJR832 and goat704! like this.
    -2015 John Deere 2025R
    w/R4's and 2.5 " wheel spacers front and rear, FEL, Imatch QH, Ballast Box
    270 A backhoe

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Secor, IL
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 175 Times in 131 Posts
    I have run my 5' KK on my 2320 and it all depends on the soil. Good black dirt I dont really have a HP issue. Get into some clay and 5' is way to much.
    PJR832 and jwl6734 like this.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    11-12-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EBhunts View Post
    I run a 60” tiller as well as a 60+” flail on my 2016 2025R (Gen 1 model) and couldn’t be happier with the performance. For me it works out great.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Nice set-up! i appreciate your feedback. Are you happy with the king kutter? That's the route I'm thinking of going seeing how its 200 dollars cheaper then the county line at my local TSC

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 84 Times in 80 Posts
    I have a 60" King Kutter Professional tiller that I use with my 2520. My tractor has about the same HP as yours, I believe. The 2520 runs it marvelously. I've tilled up quite a bit of virgin ground (sod and pasture land) with it and it certainly doesn't lack power to run the tiller.

    Simple... buy a 60" tiller of whatever brand you want and never look back.

    Rob
    PJR832, jwl6734 and goat704! like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

    2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    11-12-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I have a 60" King Kutter Professional tiller that I use with my 2520. My tractor has about the same HP as yours, I believe. The 2520 runs it marvelously. I've tilled up quite a bit of virgin ground (sod and pasture land) with it and it certainly doesn't lack power to run the tiller.

    Simple... buy a 60" tiller of whatever brand you want and never look back.

    Rob

    Thanks for the advice.

  12. Top | #10
    EBhunts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Location
    Northern WI
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 50 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwl6734 View Post
    Nice set-up! i appreciate your feedback. Are you happy with the king kutter? That's the route I'm thinking of going seeing how its 200 dollars cheaper then the county line at my local TSC
    I’m very happy with my King Kutter and can certainly recommend it. I do know that there are many good tillers out there and the primary reason I chose mine was availability and price. Some brands vary by pretty significant amounts based on the store and its location. Definitely pays to shop IMHO.

    Good luck on your purchase.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PJR832 and jwl6734 like this.
    -2015 John Deere 2025R
    w/R4's and 2.5 " wheel spacers front and rear, FEL, Imatch QH, Ballast Box
    270 A backhoe

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •