Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: iMatch Cost Hard To Accept

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Thanks

iMatch Cost Hard To Accept

I usually don't quibble over tool prices especially when the tool is well built, reliable and easy to use or time saving but I really have a hard time with the price of the darn iMatch. Even with the15% off promotion right now I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong, it looks well built and from what the folks that have them say, it seems to be reliable but I think I would have to be switching out rear implements every day before I might be able to justify the cost per convenience. Any options out there that are easy on the budget?
    agent blue and Bumper like this.
    joe white

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I have the Harbor Freight one and it just seems cheap. Wish I'd gone for the iMatch. The HF one was easy to buy, but now every time I use it I just don't care for it. In my mind I would have been annoyed with buying the iMatch, but after that I'd be happy with it every time I use it. If I saw an iMatch come up for sale locally I'd probably pick it up.... Just my $.02 Beings this tractor will be with me or one like it for a long time, I'm sure the cost of the iMatch won't be as big an issue down the road. I can't imagine not being able to keep it if I trade for another tractor. It's compatible with a few frame sizes so unless you get a way bigger setup it'll work. If you do happen to sell it I bet you get a lot of what you paid for it back as JD stuff has a great value from a resale standpoint...

BigJim55, Ray_PA, Marlin and 6 others like this.
    Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    I won't disagree that the iMATCH is a little over priced but like many things in life, you get what you pay for.
    Oh, and the iMATCH says John Deere on it.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j. white View Post
    I usually don't quibble over tool prices especially when the tool is well built, reliable and easy to use or time saving but I really have a hard time with the price of the darn iMatch. Even with the15% off promotion right now I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong, it looks well built and from what the folks that have them say, it seems to be reliable but I think I would have to be switching out rear implements every day before I might be able to justify the cost per convenience. Any options out there that are easy on the budget?
    There are options, some requiring a compromise, either in modifications required or a quality compromise. Much depends upon the actual implements you are using. If you have non Deere / Frontier PTO driven implements, you will have to see what modifications, if any, will be necessary for PTO shaft clearance and top hook function.

I haven't seen any I Match compatibility issues with any Category 1 implement, regardless of implement brand or manufacturer, but that isn't the case with some of the non I Match options.

From Harbor Freights offering to Northern Tool, choices exist. I guess it's a matter of where you want your price point to be. Of course, you can always just forgo the attachment all together and manually connect 3 point implements if you are rarely attaching or changing them.

Personally I find the benefit of the I Match to be not only it's ease of connection but not having to physically get between the tractor and implement especially to manually make adjustments to get the implement attached. Once the implement is secured on the I Match, then making the PTO connection is safer and easier as the I Match has the implement position secured and gives you extra distance between the tractor and implement based upon it's design, by moving the implement back several inches.

There are options, for sure. Just be aware of any concessions or necessary adjustments you have to make to have the alternatives work as the I Match does right out of the box. Also, if you do need to get parts in the future for the latching mechanisms for the Non Deere options, are they available or will you have to throw away the unit and purchase another?
    BigJim55, Ray_PA, keane and 8 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,957 Posts
    I have no issues with our HF quick hitch.
    BigJim55, Ray_PA, Marlin and 5 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    LOTS of other options out there at cost points from sub $100 up to and probably more than JD.

In no particular order:
    Landpride
    Speeco
    HF
    DR
    Power king
    Agri supply
    Nor trac ( Northern tool)
    Ranch-ex
    Grizzly
    Woods
    Gizmo2, Zebrafive, JKR and 9 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (04-26-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    All I'm going to say is I wish I had one of any brand name. The QH05 from landpride? (the orange tractor dealer) doesn't need any cat. 2 and 3 spacers or whatever you call them, for it.
    Last edited by Levi; 04-26-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    I also have the HF one.

Is it perfect? No. Does it work, yes. I haven't used an iMatch so I can't say for certain that it doesn't have the issues I have had with my HF version. It may. in general there isn't much to it. It really comes down to hook placement and what you are attaching. I don't attach anything to it that is John Deere other than the tractor.

I don't use it all the time either. When I do use it, I am glad it its there. So much easier than messing with the arms one by one.

EDIT: I should add that I modified mine a bit. I adjusted the top hook to best fit my blade and Heavy Hitch. The top hook had to be so low that I only could fit one bolt in which was an issue. Also the bolts were in the way for the Heavy Hitch. So once I realized I wasn't going to move it. I cut the bolts down and welded them in as pins so they a flush. Then welded a bead along the side of the hook to the mounting bracket. I can't move the top hook anymore but I don't need to. Never had an issue since setting that top hook in a fixed position.
    Last edited by sennister; 04-26-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    Levi, BigJim55, Neb and 4 others like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    I bought my QH from cabella's for about $250 (I believe branded by Woods). took a while for them to find them out back on the pallets but it was a new item for them and not yet unloaded. My main use was to attach my frontier blower as it always fought me each winter. I have since added bushing to my BB and draw bar with no connection issues. My only complaint is the plastic on the release handles have cracked so I wrapped them in black electrical tape.
    Levi, Marlin, Robnik and 1 others like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    LOTS of other options out there at cost points from sub $100 up to and probably more than JD.

In no particular order:
    Landpride
    Speeco
    HF
    DR
    Power king
    Agri supply
    Nor trac ( Northern tool)
    Ranch-ex
    Grizzly
    Woods
    ^^^ what he said!! BTW, there are BETTER built quick hitches out there than the iMatch. Not necessarily cheaper, but definitely better. I had both a new adjustable hook iMatch and a Land Pride QH15. After using both I sold the iMatch and kept the QH15.
    Zebrafive, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast