Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By SulleyBear
  • 4 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By KeyboardJungle

Thread: John Deere Spray Nozzles for 45 Gallon 3 point Sprayer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts

John Deere Spray Nozzles for 45 Gallon 3 point Sprayer

I had purchased the 45 gallon 3 point mounted sprayer for my new tractor when I ordered it last October. As part of the tractor set up, I was very pleased to see that Kaleb at the dealership installed the sprayer power harness on my new tractor for me. And as is usual with the way Kaleb does things, he did it RIGHT.....

It runs from the battery to the very rear of the tractor. He ran the wire CORRECTLY, which means it is protected as much as possible and it has grommets and wire protectors around the wire (looks like heavy duty shrink tubing) where it makes contact with anything that over time it could possibly rub.

He terminated the wire at the rear of the tractor and zip tied the pigtail up high off the rear of the cab mount, so you don't have to bend down into the hitch area to connect it. It also keeps all of the wire above the 3 point arms, etc. which is precisely how I wanted it done. I will post pictures of this later today.

This is the actual Sprayer, John Deere part number LP22886 with the spray nozzle kit LP22884, instead of the Boom Kit.....

45gal High Performance 3-pt Hitch Sprayer (LP22886)

I did NOT want a spray boom. So I ordered the sprayer with the Boom deleted. I figured I would rig my own nozzles on the rear mounts of the sprayer.

I looked at all of the nozzle components and decided instead to order the 24' spray nozzles from Deere. They are part number LP22884.

Here is what you get.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20180501_135143208.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	603170

It's $145 retail, but it is very well put together and it is exactly what I was looking for. There are shut off valves on each side of the bar, where you can adjust the flow as well as shut it off. The bar is designed to mount to the rear flanges on the tank. All I need to get today are 2" "U" Bolts to secure the sprayer nozzles assembly to the rear of the sprayer. The nozzles on each side are aimed and angled to get the width and coverage I was seeking.

They claim It will spray 24' wide and mounted on the rear of the sprayer, it's no wider than the spray tank and tractor, so there are no boom arms hanging out to clip on tree's or bushes. Already, I have several neighbors who asked me to spray their lawns, for a price, of course.........

Name:	IMG_20180501_135125258.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	603178 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20180501_135132873.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	603186

Most importantly, the real Sulley Bear carefully inspected the spray bar and gave it 4 paws up as her rating......and she knows tractors and equipment. After all, this is her GTT I.D. and I simply type what she tells me too.......

Later today, I will post photos of the sprayer on the tractor and also performing test sprays on the asphalt cul-de-sac with water so we can see exactly how wide the pattern is that it produces. I was hoping for at least a spray width of 12' so anything more than that will be a bonus.......

This sprayer comes with a really nice hand held spray nozzle that is heavy duty and very adjustable. It looks like a fire hose nozzle. All of the line on the sprayer is 3/4" spray hose......

I will post a complete review of the sprayer and it's function later today......I am expecting it to be very good as the entire sprayer is make of very good quality components, especially compared to the other sprayers I have bought at the Bog Box stores the last few years.....

They were OK, but the spray wands are cheap, the spray motors did not provide for re-circulation (material agitation) and they were tow behind sprayers, although I did build my own mount for the last sprayer for my 455 which mounted to the tractor's mounting points for the Mc519 debris collection cart, so it followed the tractor instead of being a "trailer type' mount.
    BigJim55, aj1hadley, Yank and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks

Name:	IMG_20180502_115309835_HDR.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	603441

This is the main supply line from the pump to the new spray bar. It came with the plastic winged fitting which had a pipe plug in it. I removed the plug and attached it to the spray bar, not tools necessary to attach it once the pipe plug, which was 18mm was removed. Very nice quality fittings and hose, clamps, etc. Attaching the spray bar couldn't be easier.

I had the sprayer sitting in the bucket so I could work on it without bending over. Once I had everything installed and I added the I Match bushings, then I put in on the 3 point hitch.

Name:	IMG_20180502_115727038_HDR.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	603449

This is the hand sprayer and hose which comes with the sprayer. Very nice quality and works very well. Simply adjust the control valve from either the spray bar or the hand sprayer and away you go. Note in the picture that the gray handle is pointed up. This is soon to change as not all functions would work on the sprayer based upon this valves handle position.

Name:	IMG_20180502_123343170.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	603457

The control valve handle was installed 180 degrees off. When I first tried the sprayer, the hand sprayer worked great but when I moved the control valve handle, the spray bar wouldn't work. I found that to get the spray bar to work based upon the position the handle was installed in, the gray handle shown in the photo had to be positioned to be pointing directly at the tank, which based upon how the pump and valve are mounted, that wouldn't work. Simple fix, I removed the gray handle and rotated it 180 degrees and reinstalled it now everything functions just like it should.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

Name:	IMG_20180502_123808443.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	603465

Now mounted on the 3 point hitch, I filled the sprayer with water so I could test it's spray pattern in the black top cul de sac.

I found that the end spray nozzles were reversed some how during installation and they were both spraying forward and out to the sides, while the center spray nozzle was spraying down the center just as it should.

I swapped the end nozzles side for side and now the sprayer works just like it should.

The spray pattern on the tractor on the asphalt was very thorough and EXACTLY 24' wide, when the sprayer is mounted on the 3 point so that the sprayer was level on the tractor, which put the bottom of the sprayer about 26" off the road surface.

When I raised the 3 point to it's highest position, it rotates the spray nozzles towards the rear, but it doesn't increase the pattern spray width by more than 1 foot. But for the 1 foot of spray width gained, it wasn't spraying down towards the road (or yard). So, I found that for the best pattern, keep the sprayer level and check to make sure your sprayer valves are installed correctly and reaching the full coverage and the 24' width.

I was surprised it was exactly 24'. Generally, the results vary enough that the advertised results are different. Deere and Frontier claim the spray bar with the 3 nozzles sprays 24' in width and that is EXACTLY the results I found.

1025R with Mauser Cab

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    And the best news about the entire sprayer was that it comes with a wireless sprayer control box and with 2 wireless remotes for turning the sprayer on and off. As I stuck the hose in the sprayer, I noticed a small white box off in the corner of the spray tank and sure enough, it was the wireless control box, the harness to plug it in and the two remotes.

Name:	IMG_20180502_123903370.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	603473

I mounted the wireless spray control box on the front frame of the sprayer. I didn't want it near the tank fill where it would get wet and be in the sun when used. Very simple to plug into the harness, two wires were marked "to the pump" and the the other two were marked "Power supply source."

Name:	IMG_20180502_165339869.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	603481

The power supply wire for the sprayer harness is tied off to the right rear cab mount. Now, it's important to note that this is a HOT LEAD all the time as it is wired directly to the battery with a designated harness which comes with the sprayer. There is an inline fuse holder and fuse right near the positive battery cable connection of the harness. On this tractor, that makes changing the fuse a little tricky as the battery is down low in the front and with the cab, the wiper washer solution tank is mounted in front of the radiator and oil cooler which makes the ability to just open the hood and reach down to the fuse a little tougher.

Removing the side panel would be easier to get to the fuse holder if necessary. Just the right amount of wire to reach the wireless controller, have slack for the 3 point hitch movement and not enough extra wire that you need to shorten the connections or tie some of the wire off.....

Name:	IMG_20180502_165348211.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	603489

Here is the wireless remote for turning the sprayer on and off. The assembly comes with 2 of these remotes.

Name:	IMG_20180502_165417760.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	603497

Overall impression of the sprayer, I am very pleased with the sprayer and how it works. I didn't know it came with the wireless controller and remotes, which were a nice surprise.

I was planning to use the longer wire which has the on off switch in the harness. But with the wireless controller, there is no need to install the longer control lead with the thumb operated on / off switch.

You can wire in the on / off manual switch AND use the wireless controller and remotes. Just make sure to leave the on / off switch in the on position for the wireless remotes to control the pump and sprayer.

The spray pattern is very good and coverage is ideal. The nozzles do not produce any "drift" of the spray nor any of the "mist" often seen with sprayers. I sprayed with a cross wind yet the coverage was still very good. You do have to plan for the wind and adjust your return spray path to deal with the impact the wind might have on the spray.

I like it and it works very well. The I Match hitch works well with it. I am glad I bought this sprayer.

1025R with Mauser Cab

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle(05-03-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks

Superior Tech Sprayers

Thanks for the detailed post. I picked up the 60 gallon John Deere / Superior Tech sprayer with a 150" boom. I'm 100% satisfied with it. The build quality is exceptional and it works great.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements