Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Snow blade on FEL of 2000 series

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 07:49 AM
    Thanks

Snow blade on FEL of 2000 series

I am in the process of building a snow blade to go on the FEL on my 2520. Has anyone built one or have suggestions? I am starting with a blade that came off a WD45 AC, I ran across it when I was looking for parts for a 3 pt no-till drill I am building for lawn overseeding, but that is a whole different story and project. The blade measures roughly 27" x 83" and I was looking at cutting it down to 20" X 66", if you look close in the pics you can see my chalk marks of where I was thinking of cutting it. My initial thought was to put QT mounts on it and connect directly to FEL. Sometime next year I was planning on buy the Artillian pallet fork frame and then I will probably modify the blade to fit on there and also pivot side to side. Here are some pics of the blade before doing anything with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141125_170942.jpg   20141125_170920_Small.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    I have been thinking about doing something similar with an old fisher plow I have but thinking more like a snow pusher just not sure if my 2720 will move it it struggled in my driveway last winter with the back blade even with chains on but with the full ballast box had little trouble moving snow with the 60 in loader but would like something a little more efficient

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am debating whether I want to make it just a straight blade or allow it to pivot, In the future I was thinking about putting sides and a top on it and giving it the ability to back drag also, but that may be a while before I get that far. Also not sure one how big I need to have the blade, right now it is really bigger then the tractor needs and if I get into anything other then snow the tractor won't handle it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,099 Times in 3,022 Posts
    We have quite a few members on here that have fabricated plows to fit their tractors, it's all doable.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    We have quite a few members on here that have fabricated plows to fit their tractors, it's all doable.
    I am just trying to get an idea of how wide and tall other people went with blade wise and did they attach to where it is straight all the time or are they pivoting. I am looking for ideas before I get to far on mine and curious as to what others would of done different on their blade setup if they had to do it over.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    Here is a search of "FEL Blade" using the Google search at the top right of the forum.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    My 2720 pushed that 7'6" plow with no problem in the last snow I just strapped it to the bucket to give it a try next iv gotta make it so I can remove the bucket and make a qa for the plow

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Thanks
    I used a 7' meyer truck plow for my build but ended up cutting it down to 5' 8" for my 1025r(this seems like a good width). Generally you would like the blade as close to the tractor as possible. I have mine mounted on a Artillian blank heavy duty frame so it does stick out quite a bit. I have angling capabilities on mine with the use of an Artillian diverter. I had very low expectations as there were a lot of naysayers toward a fel mounted blade. It has actually exceeded my expectations and my only complaint is making sure you get the right plow angle when pushing. What I mean by that is the curling function of the joystick, if it isn't just right it will dig in. Of course this would change if you get a good base of snow on the ground and the temperature stays below freezing. I ordered a 54" front mounted blower about a month ago and kind of wished I didn't as I am getting better with the plow. I have the plow on craigslist for $550 obo to recoup the cost of the frame, couplers and mounting bolts. I would of kept it but switching back and forth between the two implements would be a pain, maybe I should of ordered a rear blower instead. So I say go ahead and build it especially if you won't have much $ in to it.
    2013 4720 with 400cx loader and 4-n-1 bucket ,485 backhoe with 18" bucket. Soon to come Artillian HD forks,TSC 7' tiller,I- match,Hydraulic box blade,frontier rear 7' snowblower,7' frontier snow blade and root grapple. SOLD2013 John Deere 1025r filb with alot of #hit that's more than 500 characters apparently!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnDeereYooper For This Useful Post:

offroad00 (12-16-2014)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeereYooper View Post
    I used a 7' meyer truck plow for my build but ended up cutting it down to 5' 8" for my 1025r(this seems like a good width). Generally you would like the blade as close to the tractor as possible. I have mine mounted on a Artillian blank heavy duty frame so it does stick out quite a bit. I have angling capabilities on mine with the use of an Artillian diverter. I had very low expectations as there were a lot of naysayers toward a fel mounted blade. It has actually exceeded my expectations and my only complaint is making sure you get the right plow angle when pushing. What I mean by that is the curling function of the joystick, if it isn't just right it will dig in. Of course this would change if you get a good base of snow on the ground and the temperature stays below freezing. I ordered a 54" front mounted blower about a month ago and kind of wished I didn't as I am getting better with the plow. I have the plow on craigslist for $550 obo to recoup the cost of the frame, couplers and mounting bolts. I would of kept it but switching back and forth between the two implements would be a pain, maybe I should of ordered a rear blower instead. So I say go ahead and build it especially if you won't have much $ in to it.
    Thanks for the feedback. I will probably get the blade cut down to size over the Christmas break and after the first of the year when I order my Artillian pallet fork frame and get it in will adapt it over to attach to it. At this point in time I am thinking manual angle adjustment for now and if I like it convert it later. So far we haven't had any snow worth speaking of so I am in no hurry. I am not looking for anything fancy just something to clean out the driveway, I always have the 54" blade on the ATV I can use if needed.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Thanks
    You should be okay with the full length. I used a 78" Meyer blade for my 1025R and it pushes snow very well with it. I made it to work on the front quick hitch instead of the loader arms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-10-12 12.50.59.jpg   2014-11-15 16.56.32.jpg   IMG_0633.JPG  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iaflier For This Useful Post:

RandyM (12-17-2014)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast