Polar HD1500 utility / dump cart

Thread: Polar HD1500 utility / dump cart

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks

Polar HD1500 utility / dump cart

Does anybody have experience with one of the Polar carts? I need a cart that I can fill with dirt, then haul across the lawn with the my zero turn. I'm hoping that fewer trips with turf tires will not be as harsh on the lawn as more trips with a bucket on he tractor.

So, my question:

• is the Polar unit tough enough to hold up under heaping full loads of dirt. (Assuming that I'm not overly abusive when I load it or haul it to the dump site.)

I had a chance to pick up a used JD 18. It was a nice cart, but shorter than my bucket. The Polar unit is about much longer than my bucket is wide.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 01:20 PM
    Thanks
    I have one and it is pretty sturdy and stable. The big tires give good flotation over mud and are easy on grass. I have put a lot of weight in it, but not a full bucket load from my tractor. As long as you stay under it's rated capacity I think you will be fine. You do have to think about what you do once it is full however. There is a lot of weight in front of the hinge so it won't just tip up on it's own when you release the lever. Once you get it dumped to a position that the rear is on the ground you then have to either shovel it out or unhitch it and use the tow bar to dump it further. That is a heavy lift.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mendry For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle (05-07-2018)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mendry View Post
    ... There is a lot of weight in front of the hinge so it won't just tip up on it's own when you release the lever...
    Thanks - Looks like I need to keep looking. I wonder why they didn't design it with a more centrally placed tipping point?
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardJungle View Post
    Thanks - Looks like I need to keep looking. I wonder why they didn't design it with a more centrally placed tipping point?
    I am guessing it would have to higher and less stable, and a full load would be too heavy for most to dump any way.

I have a dump cart from Home Depot. It's marked Allfit HD. I think it's made by Ohio Steel. It looks just like one of their models, but was $150 cheaper. Same capacity and large floatation tires. I use it to haul dirt to fill low spots/holes in the yard. I don't dump, I shovel out to fill holes.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Have you looked at the Country Manufacturing trailers?

https://www.countrymfgstore.com/wagonstrailers.html

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    I have both a JD 10 and 18 dump cart. I've really abused my 10 over the years and have hauled dirt heaping until it was spilling over the sides. That is not to say there wasn't consequences, but when something broke, the repair process was more than a repair, but a reinforcement to make sure the same failure didn't repeat itself. I've loaded my 18 to the brim with dirt as well, but I have to load it tail heavy so I can dump it.

I know you were looking for something longer, but if you go with an 18, you may want to checkout my posts on reinforcing them and do them before hand, rather than when something lets go:

John Deere cart
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle (05-09-2018)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements