Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rshickle

Thread: Woods Tillers

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks

Woods Tillers

I have a GHT72 Woods Rotary Tiller. The lift arms broke some time back. The replacements were reinforced indicating a recognized manufacturing problem. They were expensive.
    Now the PTO COVER bracket has broken off. The replacement part is over $200. It should not have broken as it is only subject to vibration. Beware. This is supposed to be a commercial grade piece of equipment.
    flyweight and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rshickle View Post
    I have a GHT72 Woods Rotary Tiller. The lift arms broke some time back. The replacements were reinforced indicating a recognized manufacturing problem. They were expensive.
    Now the PTO COVER bracket has broken off. The replacement part is over $200. It should not have broken as it is only subject to vibration. Beware. This is supposed to be a commercial grade piece of equipment.
    The top salesman at the local JD dealer sells Woods, JD, Kubota and a couple other brands. He told me they sell more replacement parts for the Woods than any other. Second highest parts seller is Bushhog.

In the diagram below, what exactly is broken on yours?? Can it be repaired(welded) and reinforced??

Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements