• 1 Post By Treefarmer
  • 1 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Grapple attachment on 2038R.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Thanks

Grapple attachment on 2038R.

So Iím a new member and I have been reading through some of your posts about your grapples. What Iím wondering is how they are getting power and where the switch or lever is mounted. I think Iím going to get the EA grapple but Iím unsure of where to get the third function from and where the lever for the action would be. Can yíall show some pics or videos of how yours are mounted and/or how they operate? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, Bubber, Levi and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    I went with the third function from WRLong. I got it from every thing attachments. It comes with a replacement knob for your FEL lever. I haven't installed it yet, so no pictures. homestead Joe has a video on it on youtube.
    Levi, Marlin and Herminator like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    I went the Artillian route for my Gen 1 2032r. Artillian diverter kit and modular Artillian frame with a center grapple with two rake sections. I had the diverter for my plow so that wasnít a question and I definitely prefer the modular functionality of the Artillian setup, forks, grapple, rakes, etc.

Iíve more than maxes out my loader and my drive system in 4x low trying to push, pull, lift or move things with it and itís shown zero harm from my use-I canít recommend the combo enough!

Pictures and descriptions on their site Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Attachments for Subcompact & Compact Tractors and YouTube if you search Artillian
    Levi, BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks
    I got 3rd function kit from kens bolt on hooks (vendor) on forum....and add on grapple attachment call the thumb. Installing now doing my own hose work locally. Installing now.
    If you know a little about installation you can save some $$ going with ken.
    Levi likes this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60Ē land plane and 60Ē finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9Ē auger, ďThe thumbĒ add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    https://www.wrlonginc.com/valvekits

Here is the link to WR Long. I have a third function valve kit mounted on my 3025e. As previously mentioned the joy stick is replaced with one with a switch. If you do this your self you need to wire the switch in a 12volt source.

When I had the artillian diverter valve on my 2210 I wired it to the hot wire going to the ignition.

WR long sells both the third function and diverter valve as well. Good luck with what ever you get, you will really appreciate the grapple. I can't imagine owning unimproved property without it.
    Treefarmer and johncanfield like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    johncanfield likes this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike†(05-14-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks! Iím not sure what Iím going to do now. Iím thinking I may move up to the 3039R so all the hydraulics are Deere parts.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Thanks

A diverter is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by trhinehart35 View Post
    Thanks! Iím not sure what Iím going to do now. Iím thinking I may move up to the 3039R so all the hydraulics are Deere parts.

I have an Artillian diverter valve and will say it's very nice having a button on the loader control to go back and forth between bucket tilt and grapple open/close. I don't think I would want a second control lever. On an excavator or backhoe the multiple levers are ok because the unit is stationary but on a tractor I need one hand to drive while running the loader/grapple with the other. . . With the diverter valve, if I'm paying attention I can be doing the lift boom and opening or closing the grapple at the same time similar to dumping a bucket while lifting a boom or returning a bucket to normal position while dropping the booms.

I'm danged sure there are other people out there that can do things on a machine that I can't so I won't say not to go with a separate hydraulic circuit. It's just that I'm limited in what I can do and a "man's got to know his limitations".

Treefarmer
    mark02tj likes this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I have an Artillian diverter valve and will say it's very nice having a button on the loader control to go back and forth between bucket tilt and grapple open/close. I don't think I would want a second control lever. On an excavator or backhoe the multiple levers are ok because the unit is stationary but on a tractor I need one hand to drive while running the loader/grapple with the other. . . With the diverter valve, if I'm paying attention I can be doing the lift boom and opening or closing the grapple at the same time similar to dumping a bucket while lifting a boom or returning a bucket to normal position while dropping the booms.

I'm danged sure there are other people out there that can do things on a machine that I can't so I won't say not to go with a separate hydraulic circuit. It's just that I'm limited in what I can do and a "man's got to know his limitations".

Treefarmer
    The 3rd SCV controls are now on the joystick since they are solenoid valves (since 2012ish)
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Thanks

LOL, only years behind time

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    The 3rd SCV controls are now on the joystick since they are solenoid valves (since 2012ish)
    I'm normally at least ten years behind so I'll catch up in a few more years, lol.

Thanks for the updated info.

Treefarmer
    Kennyd likes this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements