Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can't attach toothbar.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-02-2019 @ 09:08 AM
    Thanks

Can't attach toothbar.

Last year I bought a new 3039R. I ordered a toothbar that crimps on the FEL, from Bucket Solutions. Bucket Forks, Tractor Forks, Loader Forks by Bucket SolutionsIt arrived and was installed by my dealer. At the end of fall I removed the toothbar for snow work. I just went to reattach the toothbar and ran into a problem.

The teeth are joined by a bar and they slide over the lip of the bucket. There are two large bolts through the bar that screw against the bucket, pinching the bar on the FEL. There are also two end teeth that extend about a foot long under the bucket. The top of these teeth then attached to the bar with 3/4" bolts that are threaded into each end of the bar. I attached one long tooth and it was fine. I went to attach the other end and find that the bar is not tapped. the ends of the bolts just slip into the large holes at the end of the bar.

I have no recollection of how it was held on last year. Anyone have one of these can help????
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
    Winston Churchill

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Photos?
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Photos?
    Don't have a clue how to post pictures
    PJR832 likes this.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
    Winston Churchill

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    When replying or posting a message, scroll down below the message box under Additional options. You'll see a tab labeled Manage Attachments. Click on that and see whether your type of image is within the size limits. If not, you can resize it. The other option is to use a 3rd party hosting. I use Imgur, I don't really like it for anything other than hosting. There are others out there too.
    2012 JD 2320
    1985 JD 318
    1952 JD MC
    1974 IH 784 4WD

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 7.00.35 AM.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	614802
    Is this what you have? It appears there is a nut welded to the bar which a jam bolt threads into. Nut missing?

Name:	add a picture.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	614818 How to add a picture from your computer or URL.
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaDave View Post

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 7.00.35 AM.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	614802
    Is this what you have? It appears there is a nut welded to the bar which a jam bolt threads into. Nut missing?

Name:	add a picture.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	614818 How to add a picture from your computer or URL.
    That is it. My problem has to do with the very last tooth, not with the green jam nut screwed into the bolt. On the right side, the bar is threaded and the two bolts fit fine. On the left side, the bar is not threaded the two silver bolts just drop into a large, open and unthreaded hole.
    Last edited by Joemac8; 05-18-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Winston Churchill

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemac8 View Post
    Last year I bought a new 3039R. I ordered a toothbar that crimps on the FEL, from Bucket Solutions. Bucket Forks, Tractor Forks, Loader Forks by Bucket SolutionsIt arrived and was installed by my dealer. At the end of fall I removed the toothbar for snow work. I just went to reattach the toothbar and ran into a problem.

The teeth are joined by a bar and they slide over the lip of the bucket. There are two large bolts through the bar that screw against the bucket, pinching the bar on the FEL. There are also two end teeth that extend about a foot long under the bucket. The top of these teeth then attached to the bar with 3/4" bolts that are threaded into each end of the bar. I attached one long tooth and it was fine. I went to attach the other end and find that the bar is not tapped. the ends of the bolts just slip into the large holes at the end of the bar.

I have no recollection of how it was held on last year. Anyone have one of these can help????
    When you did this were they threaded or not? I mean you should have noticed if they were just laying in there.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveontheridge2 View Post
    When you did this were they threaded or not? I mean you should have noticed if they were just laying in there.
    Unless they were overtightened when installed and when he removed them it stripped the thread out of the tooth. I would check the bolts to see if there is any material in the threads.
    2012 JD 2320
    1985 JD 318
    1952 JD MC
    1974 IH 784 4WD

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
    Unless they were overtightened when installed and when he removed them it stripped the thread out of the tooth. I would check the bolts to see if there is any material in the threads.

The holes are much larger than the bolts and have black paint in them. They were never tapped. I was guessing JB Weld the nuts to the bar??
    Winston Churchill

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    Look at the underside of the bar......maybe it is counter sunk for a flat head bolt and they come up through the tooth on that side???
    JB weld is good stuff but that application is way beyond it's ability to hold anything.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.06.36 AM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	614938
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast