One Bottom 3-pt Plow?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: One Bottom 3-pt Plow?

  1. Top | #1
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 736 Times in 440 Posts

    One Bottom 3-pt Plow?

    Getting ready to make a 3-pt plow for the 40S with a bottom from a JD 810 plow I had. My question is, how much drop on the lower 3-pt frame from left to right?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-pt plow.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	36793
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:31 AM
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grnspot110 View Post
    Getting ready to make a 3-pt plow for the 40S with a bottom from a JD 810 plow I had. My question is, how much drop on the lower 3-pt frame from left to right?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-pt plow.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	36793
    Everything Attachments has a video that kinda explains how to tune your plow (I think)...

    How To Plow A Garden Leinbach 19-12
    Levi likes this.

  4. Top | #3
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:04 PM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,174
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,070 Posts
    I think it's roughly 3 inches.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 736 Times in 440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I think it's roughly 3 inches.
    I'm thinking 3-4".

    Went by our Orscheln's store this morning, every other 3-pt Implement, but no plows! I've had plows before, never occurred to me to measure one!
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  7. Top | #5
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 736 Times in 440 Posts
    This is what I'm working with: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1430.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	36815

    It's the 3rd bottom from an 810 plow that I bought some years ago for a 58-520. The 520 handled the 2 bottom much better that 3.

    I have a shin to replace the broken one, will make a long landside with 1/2" x 4" steel, should last quite a while no more than I'll use the plow! I've already cut the long beam off ahead of the coulter mounting holes & switched sides with the angled brace. Picked up the steel this morning to make the 3-pt frame.
    rtgt and Levi like this.
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  8. Top | #6
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,794
    Thanks
    2,171
    Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grnspot110 View Post
    This is what I'm working with: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1430.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	36815

    It's the 3rd bottom from an 810 plow that I bought some years ago for a 58-520. The 520 handled the 2 bottom much better that 3.

    I have a shin to replace the broken one, will make a long landside with 1/2" x 4" steel, should last quite a while no more than I'll use the plow! I've already cut the long beam off ahead of the coulter mounting holes & switched sides with the angled brace. Picked up the steel this morning to make the 3-pt frame.
    I can't wait to see the finished product, Lowell.
    grnspot110, rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  9. Top | #7
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 736 Times in 440 Posts
    Did some more work on the plow the last couple of days. Cut many of the parts for the "A" frame yesterday & drilled the bolt holes today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1446.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	37149 I drill 3/16" pilot holes then bits up to 1/2", for bigger holes, I use bi-metal hole saws. I still have one 5/8" hole to cut in the plow frame. There will be a 5/8 x 2-1/2" to weld the top link uprights to, then it will be clamped to the 2-1/2" lower cross beam. Some braces will be used when I find the size needed.

    I'm using pictures of a Frontier one-bottom as a pattern: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1447.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	37150
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to grnspot110 For This Useful Post:

    RandyM (12-23-2014)

  11. Top | #8
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,794
    Thanks
    2,171
    Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Lowell:

    This is looking real good. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

    I think I noticed in the picture you posted earlier that yours has a spring trip standard. Does the Frontier have a spring trip, or does it use a shear bolt?

    Don
    grnspot110 and BigJim55 like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  12. Top | #9
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 736 Times in 440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Lowell:

    This is looking real good. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

    I think I noticed in the picture you posted earlier that yours has a spring trip standard. Does the Frontier have a spring trip, or does it use a shear bolt?

    Don
    Don't know about the Frontier, have to check on mine!
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  13. Top | #10
    rtgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,783
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grnspot110 View Post
    Did some more work on the plow the last couple of days. Cut many of the parts for the "A" frame yesterday & drilled the bolt holes today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1446.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	37149 I drill 3/16" pilot holes then bits up to 1/2", for bigger holes, I use bi-metal hole saws. I still have one 5/8" hole to cut in the plow frame. There will be a 5/8 x 2-1/2" to weld the top link uprights to, then it will be clamped to the 2-1/2" lower cross beam. Some braces will be used when I find the size needed.

    I'm using pictures of a Frontier one-bottom as a pattern: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1447.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	37150
    From the pictures is looks like you are using parts from a Frontier plow!

    Nice Fab work.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

    3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •