• 2 Post By Bumper
  • 5 Post By mahd7766

Thread: Frontier AP10 Pallet Forks

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:07 AM
    Thanks

Frontier AP10 Pallet Forks

Taking delivery of a 2018 JD 2025R this week. Looked at the Frontier AP10 pallet forks at the dealer as I do want forks on my tractor. These are rated at 1250 lbs which is higher than the lift capacity of the 2025R. Online they listed as having a weight of 198 lbs. Should I be concerned about the durability of these when I start using them for digging on small stumps and dirt? I am also looking at the Artillian forks which seem to get rave reviews but the price and shipping to Illinois is kind of steep. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 1,278 Posts
    First the AP10's are a good set of forks, do yourself a favor and get the 42" (you didn't mention the length of your forks).
    Second, pallet forks are not designed for digging so be aware of that if you use them in that fashion.
    mjncad, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Thanks
    Digging with pallet forks may be better left to 24” landscaping style forks if you can find them.

That said a set of forks isn’t “really” designed for digging as stated above, proceed with care.

Any decent set of forks and frame should withstand such use infrequently or for shorter periods, the AP10’s, HLA’s and the Artillian are all close to the same weight and working capacity, however as you stated since some are not available at your local dealer or designed to be modular they differ significantly in price.

Look at your available options, their prices and the capabilities and potential for each to be used for other things in other ways and see which is the best bang for your buck.
    mjncad and PJR832 like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-18-2019 @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Hello neighbor if you go with the artillian forks they offer a shovel that attaches to the frame of the forks.
    mjncad, 69project and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Hello neighbor if you go with the artillian forks they offer a shovel that attaches to the frame of the forks.
    It's called a hoe bucket and it works wonders on stumps. I used the hoe bucket to dig up this stump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stump1.jpg  
    Kennyd, JKR, Drifterbike and 2 others like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Going to call Artillian in the morning to see how long a wait on a set of the pallet forks, back rest and Hoe bucket. hopefully they will give me a truthful answer and it will not be more than a few days out. Looking at the videos on the hoe bucket I can see where that would be very handy to have. Our house is on a strip mine lake and reclaimed strip mine land. One place on our 2 acres more or less is a point out into the lake with a mound of clay soil with some mixed rocks. Not sure how well the FEL will work on leveling that mound. Thinking I might be able to use the forks to penetrate the side of that mound and loosen it up where I can use the FEL to move and level it. Will see how that goes.
    Gizmo2 and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahd7766 View Post
    Going to call Artillian in the morning to see how long a wait on a set of the pallet forks, back rest and Hoe bucket. hopefully they will give me a truthful answer and it will not be more than a few days out. Looking at the videos on the hoe bucket I can see where that would be very handy to have. Our house is on a strip mine lake and reclaimed strip mine land. One place on our 2 acres more or less is a point out into the lake with a mound of clay soil with some mixed rocks. Not sure how well the FEL will work on leveling that mound. Thinking I might be able to use the forks to penetrate the side of that mound and loosen it up where I can use the FEL to move and level it. Will see how that goes.
    I can tell you that I received my forks, fork frame, and hoe bucket exactly 2 weeks after I placed my order. I placed my order on 4/24/18, a Tuesday morning, and received an order confirmation. I heard nothing from them until 5/7/18, which was Monday. The 5/7 email indicated my items shipped on 5/4/18, a Friday. My items were delivered on Tuesday, 5/8/18. I wasn't crazy about the lack of communication about an estimated shipment date but their website does say 10-14 business days I believe.

They shipped everything FedEx Ground but when I spoke to them on the phone prior to placing my order online, they made it sound like I would have to arrange for a freight delivery.
    mark02tj and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahd7766 View Post
    Taking delivery of a 2018 JD 2025R this week. Looked at the Frontier AP10 pallet forks at the dealer as I do want forks on my tractor. These are rated at 1250 lbs which is higher than the lift capacity of the 2025R. Online they listed as having a weight of 198 lbs. Should I be concerned about the durability of these when I start using them for digging on small stumps and dirt? I am also looking at the Artillian forks which seem to get rave reviews but the price and shipping to Illinois is kind of steep. Thanks!
    Priced the 36 and 42 inch AP pallet forks from JD dealer the other day. Quoted $600 for the 36 and $750 for the 42. Thought that was a pretty big jump for 6 inches more fork. Spent a lot of time looking and reading up on the Artillian forks and the Bucket Hoe. I called Artillian and was told all was in stock and should ship around end of week. Really think the Bucket Hoe will be useful.

Submitted order today for the 3000 pound fork frame, 42x3 inch forks, backrest and Bucket Hoe.
    Kennyd, OxPath, keane and 2 others like this.
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements