H120 Loader Remove / Replace with Pallet Forks Installed
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By GWT3046r
  • 5 Post By RetiredDoc
  • 4 Post By Termite
  • 5 Post By GWT3046r
  • 1 Post By DeanB
  • 2 Post By Drifterbike
  • 1 Post By coaltrain

Thread: H120 Loader Remove / Replace with Pallet Forks Installed

  1. Top | #1
    RetiredDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Central Savannah River Area (CSRA)
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts

    H120 Loader Remove / Replace with Pallet Forks Installed

    Is it necessary to have the loader bucket in place to do this? Or, can it be done with pallet forks installed instead?

    Since I normally have the forks installed, I'm just interested in saving myself having to switch the forks for the bucket whenever I remove the FEL.

    I know the switch from one to the other takes just a couple of minutes, but I use the bucket so little that it usually is buried somewhere near the back of my storage shed. Getting to it can require moving several other implements.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 05-20-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 08:14 AM
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Is it necessary to have the loader bucket in place to do this? Or, can it be done with pallet forks installed instead?

    Since I normally have the forks installed, I'm just interested in saving myself having to switch the forks for the bucket whenever I remove the FEL.

    I know the switch from one to the other takes just a couple of minutes, but I use the bucket so little that it usually is buried somewhere near the back of my storage shed. Getting to it can require moving several other implements.
    I haven't tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work. The contact surface of the forks is on the same plane as the bucket. Seems like it would work. How about you try it and report back
    Robnik and PJR832 like this.

  4. Top | #3
    RetiredDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Central Savannah River Area (CSRA)
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    I haven't tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work. The contact surface of the forks is on the same plane as the bucket. Seems like it would work. How about you try it and report back
    Because I don't want to get the FEL off, and discover that it can't be easily re-attached. I'd like to lnow if someone out there has any experience doing it. Isn't that an important purpose of these forums - to help keep the inexperienced guys safe and out of trouble?
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
    I have taken the loader off with nothing on the front. You will be fine
    2017 1025R TLB
    Artillian 36" forks
    54" snowblower
    54" plow
    I-Match
    53" loader bucket
    16" backhoe bucket

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Termite For This Useful Post:

    RetiredDoc (05-21-2018)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 08:14 AM
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Because I don't want to get the FEL off, and discover that it can't be easily re-attached. I'd like to lnow if someone out there has any experience doing it. Isn't that an important purpose of these forums - to help keep the inexperienced guys safe and out of trouble?
    You clearly didn't realize it was a joke. I"ll keep the humor out of the forums Strictly business from now on
    Tomfive, ctrider, PJR832 and 2 others like this.

  9. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    09-05-2018 @ 07:10 PM
    Location
    North bay, Ontario.
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have removed mine with my forks on.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to wilkinsondom For This Useful Post:

    RetiredDoc (05-21-2018)

  11. Top | #7

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Location
    Freedom, WI
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    My forks are on 90% of the time. Loader frame goes on and off with forks all the time.
    PJR832 likes this.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to DeanB For This Useful Post:

    RetiredDoc (05-21-2018)

  13. Top | #8
    Drifterbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    Hampton Ill
    Posts
    2,720
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 318 Times in 279 Posts
    i take mine off with the forks all the time.
    Oscar Leroy and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifterbike For This Useful Post:

    RetiredDoc (05-21-2018)

  15. Top | #9
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,497
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanB View Post
    My forks are on 90% of the time. Loader frame goes on and off with forks all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    i take mine off with the forks all the time.
    Same here.
    PJR832 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

    RetiredDoc (05-21-2018)

  17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •