Green Tractor Talk banner

Suitcase weights for 1025R: 41 lb or 70 lb?

25K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Tractor Tim 
#1 ·
Hi all, what different size suitcase weights can the 1025R take on the various attachments (ie heavy hitch, big tool rack, etc)?

The 40 something pounder is what I believe to be standard, but I’m curious if the 70 pounders I’ve seen advertised are designed for these attachments as well.

Anyone using the 70 pound suitcase weights on the 1025R?

Why am I asking? They’re a lot cheaper per pound, and the big tool rack has a slot that is only wide enough for six weights

Thanks

#2 ·
They both fit on a standard weight bracket. The 42’s are about 9” x 10” and the 70’s are basically 12” x 13”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Now that Pat verified that they will fit on the front - my only comment is about putting them on and off. They might seem like child’s play at a young age but not so much when you get older. I have a very hard time with the 42# weights.

What are you doing with a 1-series that you will need all that extra weight? How many 42# weights can one fit with an extended weight bracket? I can fit 7 on my 2520 and that seems to be a good weight for when I am running my brush hog without the loader.

#5 ·
I was curious about this too. I have 7 42lb suitcase weights sitting at Lowe’s right now (waiting on the 8th). They have the cheapest prices I’ve seen for new.

I was curious about getting 70lbers for the back heavy hitch I have on the way. Where do you buy them? Just go to the dealer? I have been looking for used too.

Thanks

#7 ·
Anyone know if 5 of the 70 lb weights will fit across the front of the 1025r without buying a new bracket? Apparently 5 of the 42 lb ones will.

I would love to use 350 pounds of weight instead of my loader when using my bush hog to mow between rows of Christmas trees.

Reactions: Marlin and PJR832
#8 ·
They're both 2.5" in width, so the answer is yes, I would like 7 70 lbers too but they are $100 each at the dealer. :banghead:

#11 ·
I bought 5 #42's recently for the front of my 1025R. The best price I could find was from greenfarmparts.com. I used the TTWT coupon code and my total was around $280 shipped.

#12 ·
My dealer has a 10% off sale each Spring or if you've purchased a new tractor, you'll get the emails from JD once a quarter. About every other quarter those emails include a 10% off coupon. The last set of 42 pound weights I purchased in November were $53.00ea and I bought 10. Yeah, ouch!

I run the dual row Heavy Hitch Receiver/Weight Hanger and load it with 16*42 pound suitcase weights, on each tractor. Kind of crazy when I think about how much I invested into dead weight, but it works out better than anything else for me. I also utilize the Heavy Hitch front weight hanger so I don't have to remove the Quick Hitch mounting hardware. I believe it will hold 7 suitcase weights.

Reactions: Marlin and PJR832
#15 ·
Shipping is the killer for purchasing weights online. I'd check with your local dealer, I think they'll surprise you. Used weights are typically as much, if not more, than new weights around here.

#16 ·
I have eight 70 pounders and eight 42 pounders. I use them all. They work great as rear ballast and front ballast. As several others have said the 70 pound weights are the same width as the 42 pounders so they fit on the front of a 1025r. I use the 70 pound weights as dead weight on my core aerator. I got all of the weights from my dealer. 70 pound weights were 108 each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Called my dealer. Dealer has both types in stock. 40 pounders are 59 bucks, 70s are 108 bucks. Getting the 40s, dealer price is better than any online prices and no shipping costs
Same here, dealer had a good competitive price and no shipping charge. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: PJR832
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.